I've noticed that a lot of threads are posted in the incorrect - often random - forums. I'm a super neat-freak and everything has to be very organized otherwise I get anxious and all...
So here is a guide that you can refer to if you are not sure where your thread belongs. I have listed the forums we have, and provided a description of what threads belong in each.
Talk Parrots General
- This is a section for general parrot topics that do not fit in any of the more-specific forums. This should be used as a last resort; see if there is a more appropriate section for your thread first. If not, then feel free to post in this forum. Threads that could be posted in this section include: "What should I name my macaw?", "What time do you put your parrots to bed?", etc.
Parrot Nutrition, Diet, and Feeding
- This forum is for anything related to parrot nutrition, diet and feeding (as the name so implies
). If your thread is about what to feed parrots, different brands of foods, recipes, vitamin/supplement questions, or anything involving parrots and eating, this section is appropriate.
Parrot Health, Maintenance, and Safety
- This forum is for threads related to parrot health
: Sicknesses, diseases, symptoms; maintenance
: wing-clipping, toenail clipping, bathing, beak trimming, etc.; safety
: Harnesses, harmful products, unsafe toys, etc.
Parrot Behavior, Bonding, and Training
- This forum's use is fairly self-explanatory. Any threads related to parrot behavior:
biting, being mean, being friendly, "why does he act this way"; bonding
: Ways to interact with your parrot, playing with your parrot, "hanging out" with your parrots; training
: Clicker training, basic training, discipline, etc.
Parrot Housing, Caging and Toys
- Again, this one is self-explanatory: parrot housing/caging:
Aviaries, cages, travel cages, how you set up the cages, what perches are used in the cages, cleaning the cages, etc.; Toys
: parrot toys, supplies, perches, items that go in the cage, DIY projects and DIY toys.
Parrot Breeding, Raising and Hand Feeding
- This section is for discussions about parrot breeding (nest boxes, how to encourage or discourage breeding), chick raising (when to pull from nest, how to monitor development, etc.) and hand feeding (what formula to use or what to feed, how to hand feed chicks, etc.).
Small Parrots -
This forum commonly has a variety of misplaced threads. The Small Parrots forum is for discussion of specific small-parrot
species. It is for discussions of specific
species only; if your thread applies to any bird (i.e. "should I clip my parrotlet's wings") it belongs in a different section. Example threads that are appropriate for this section are: "How much do parrotlets usually cost", "why does my quaker make these sounds", "do all lovebirds do this?", etc.
- The same that was said for the small parrot forum goes for this forum as well, except for large parrots
and specific-specie discussions
have been commonly misplaced. If your thread is sharing pictures of your parrots, it belongs in the Pictures and Videos forum, no matter what
. If the pictures are of your small parrots, the thread does not
belong in the small parrot section.
(if they include photos), should also be posted in the Pictures and Videos section.
I hope this helps to clarify how each section should be used, so that we can all enjoy an organized forum with easy-to-find information.