Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit Smoothie Recipes

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  wyrinth 
#1 ·
i have really been falling in love with smoothies/blended fruit and i wanted to share my combos and try other peoples fruit combos :)

i have not yet tried adding yogurt to these, but i might!!

1. my first one that i really love has:
- raspberries
- black berries
- strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 plum

i don't remember how many strawberries i put in. if you get the small black berry/ raspberry packages, i use a 1/3 of them per drink. i think a 1/2 of banana is enough or else there is too much banana taste! i am also thinking about making fruit roll ups in the dehydrator with this combo

2. this one i made today
- strawberries
- 1 nectarine (or peach if you prefer)
- 1/2 banana

whats your recipe? :D

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm currently on the Slimming World Extra Easy diet and it's working wonders but the one thing I HATE about it is the fact that I have to have smoothies as part of my 15 daily syns! And they're quite a few syns too :( I still have them though :lol: Hope to pick up some good ideas!

#6 ·
i had a "smoothie movie" night with a friend the other day and we tried some odd fruits like the cactus pears, dragon fruit and another one that i can't remember the name. i didn't like the taste of any of them :p the dragon fruit is beautiful though…
(not my pic)

i made a new combo though:
lots of mango and pineapple, strawberries, and a little bit of orange. i love pineapple!!

Reactions: MissyBird
#9 ·
I tried star fruit and I didn't really care for the taste :(

#11 ·
I thought the dragon fruit was kind of bland, maybe a little sweet. If you cut it lengthwise, you can peel the red part off (no need to cut it off). I'm not sure if the birds can have it

#13 ·
i tried putting yogurt in and its just not the same ;)

#15 ·
haha i like yogurt (its jell-o that is gross!), but i enjoy the fruit consistency just by its self :)

#17 ·
This is the smoothie recipe I have almost every morning:

1 cup of rice or almond milk
1 cup of frozen mixed berries (raspberry, strawberry, blackberry and blueberry)
1/3 cup Fage yogurt
1 scoop of no carb protein powder
1/2 frozen banana
1 level tsp of spirulina powder (you can't taste it)

This recipe makes over 2 cups.

I also buy my bananas in bulk, peel them and put them in a gallon ziploc bag (about 7 per bag) lay them flat. I usually make 2 - 3 bags at a time. Frozen bananas make your smoothie thicker, I like the stick to your ribs kind of smoothie rather than a watery type.

#18 ·
One half frozen banana
1 c almond milk or cow's milk
1 c frozen cherries
1/3 c red cabbage
Sweetener if wanted, but I like my smoothies without added sweetness.

You can't taste the cabbage. I recently started adding veggies in because, why not add more vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.