in the

Small Parrots

section at TalkParrots.

Notices

Old 10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Braveheartdogs (Vicki)

My Rosy Bourke

Hi there,

I love, love, love my Rosy Bourke. I had read that they are not good pets, don't play, don't like toys, blah, blah, blah. One breeder even told me "I won't sell them as pets". I went to a bird mart and someone had a little, handfed baby, so I got her. Her name is Willow and she is a fabulous little bird! She plays with her toys, she loves to come out, she is hands down the best shoulder bird, she is quiet and makes teeny little chirpy noises. I just love her. More people should have Bourkes!!

Vicki

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 12:25 PM
brekke668 (Carol)

I have had three of these little darlings and I think they are wonderful. I plan as soon as I can find some to add at least one pair to my flock as breeders.

They are the perfect apartment bird because they don't make a lot of noise. If you have a busy schedule they don't go wild or start plucking if you can't give them lots of attention and out time everyday.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
twink (Sue)

She is just stunning . I always thought bourkes were more of an aviary bird, but recently I've been hearing more and more that they're great little interactive pets. Hmmmm , now you've got me thinking about one

Old 10-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Braveheartdogs (Vicki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekke668 View Post
I have had three of these little darlings and I think they are wonderful. I plan as soon as I can find some to add at least one pair to my flock as breeders.

They are the perfect apartment bird because they don't make a lot of noise. If you have a busy schedule they don't go wild or start plucking if you can't give them lots of attention and out time everyday.
Willow is becoming more and more vocal, but she is still super quiet. When she sits on my shoulder (her favorite place to be) it is difficult to hear her teeny chirps. She is so sweet and adorable.

Vicki

Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Braveheartdogs (Vicki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink View Post
She is just stunning . I always thought bourkes were more of an aviary bird, but recently I've been hearing more and more that they're great little interactive pets. Hmmmm , now you've got me thinking about one
Thank you She is very interactive. She loves to come out of her cage. I hope the door and ask her to hop to the edge and she does and then I have her step up. She is such a fun little bird. And, she loves her toys (even though some websites say they don't play with toys). Someone on another bird board has one that talks too.

Vicki

Old 10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
brekke668 (Carol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twink View Post
They make great aviary birds because they are so gentle you can keep them with finches and canaries. They are one of those multi purpose birds.
Spike, Drusilla
Bruce Wayne, Hedwig
Emma
The Lories Paco, Rainbow
Dogs Hermes, Xena Warrior Poodle
Kitties Calisto , Llira
Guinea Pig Hershey

Old 10-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Shy Bird (Chelsea)

she is sooooo cute. i love her color.thank you for sharing her pictures.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Nancy

I love your Rosy Bourke. It is actually a bird I would love to own. And Willow is such a perfect name for her. Please keep us posted with pictures.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Rebeccaveggie (Rebecca)

So stunning!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
stacey101 (Stacey)

adorable!
i was actually going to get one of these guys not to long ago

Old 10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Sharon

I've seen those in a pet store...they were beautiful! Willow is as well!
Canary...Charlie and Lacey
Yellow Naped Amazon...Frederico...Freddie...Fred
Two Zebra Fiches...Samson and Delilah

Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Apple

Very nice!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Braveheartdogs (Vicki)

Thanks everyone! I can't recommend them enough. The few people I have talked to who have them, adore them!

Vicki

Old 10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
birdsrloud

Beautiful picture of your bourke, my daughter has had one for over a year and she was just telling me today that her rosy bourke is her favorite bird out of her gold capped conure and her red rump parakeet. Hers also plays with the small toys and loves to come out and eat what your eating.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Sensfan (Cess)

She is beautiful Vicki. I want one or two NO MORE BIRDS, CESS (hubby Ted said), but I bet he's cave easily

Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Braveheartdogs (Vicki)

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsrloud View Post
Beautiful picture of your bourke, my daughter has had one for over a year and she was just telling me today that her rosy bourke is her favorite bird out of her gold capped conure and her red rump parakeet. Hers also plays with the small toys and loves to come out and eat what your eating.
Post a picture, I'd love to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan View Post
She is beautiful Vicki. I want one or two NO MORE BIRDS, CESS (hubby Ted said), but I bet he's cave easily
If there was any bird that a husband could be talked into, it is a Bourke Little, quiet, sweet....

Vicki

Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 AM
FudgieTheBudgie (Becca)

she is so pretty! She looks a little like a budgie!

Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
birdsrloud

[quote=Braveheartdogs;2563]Post a picture, I'd love to see it!

This is my daughters Bourke named Pinkadink who is a year old. Pinky isn't sexed but we say she is a girl.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:48 AM
birdiebuddie (Katelynn)

That bird is STUNNING!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM
BUUZBEE (Anna)

[quote=birdsrloud;2760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheartdogs View Post
Post a picture, I'd love to see it!

This is my daughters Bourke named Pinkadink who is a year old. Pinky isn't sexed but we say she is a girl.

I'd agree you have a hen... she has a flat head, and thats normally one key factor in sexing without dna testing.

Rosa bourkes are wonderful birds. I've had my pair for quit a few years now. The hen (Rosey) had an accident and went blind for many months, after much light therapy, she regained her sight and has been perfect ever since. They have been in the aviary now for about 9 months or so.