Dontcha just HATE IT WHEN ..... - Talk Parrots Forums

 8Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By Sweet Parakeet
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By Sweet Parakeet
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By Sweet Parakeet
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By Sweet Parakeet
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,800
Thanks: 1,427
Thanked 675 Times in 588 Posts
Rep Power: 18
   
Thumbs down Dontcha just HATE IT WHEN .....

Dontcha just hate it when ..... you work all morning sweeping and hoovering the floors and the carpets, then get washing the kitchen floor and the bathrooms floors and make everything nice and tidy ....... AND THEN. ... you start to make dinner later in the day and you spill a cup of raw dry cous cous alllllllll over the kitchen floor?

Yeah shouldn't be a problem ... its dry right? NOT ... it crunched under my feet when I walked on it while I was cooking the veggies and meat for the cous cous stir fry.

More cleaning to be done now ....



DONTCHA JUST HATE IT?
Sweet Parakeet likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2020, 02:26 PM


 
Sweet Parakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Thousand Islands, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 519
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 8
         
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
Dontcha just hate it when ..... you work all morning sweeping and hoovering the floors and the carpets, then get washing the kitchen floor and the bathrooms floors and make everything nice and tidy ....... AND THEN. ... you start to make dinner later in the day and you spill a cup of raw dry cous cous alllllllll over the kitchen floor?

Yeah shouldn't be a problem ... its dry right? NOT ... it crunched under my feet when I walked on it while I was cooking the veggies and meat for the cous cous stir fry.

More cleaning to be done now ....



DONTCHA JUST HATE IT?

Your situation was a perfect television comedy scenario. I think we all have had conflicts like this happen to us, Mr. Peepers. Whatever happens only makes us stronger. Or learn patience. Or both.



Yesterday I was working on an art project with my GIMP2. Part way through the coloring process, my pointer icon got stuck and I could not shift the program to save the process already completed, or even change the paintbrush to a different mode of technique. So, yeah, really stuck.

Luckily J. came to the rescue and put new batteries in the mouse so I could finish my digital graphic to completion.



I must mention, here, that I have faced a scenario like this before, in the past, where the outcome had not been so positive. I could not save the partially-completed artwork, as rebooting the computer to a working condition came before trying to hit save (how?) during this conundrum -- so it meant starting all over again (patience learned!) remembering the steps I had previously used before I lost my work.



But you know, because my completed artwork was put on trial in this way, the satisfaction in finishing this digital artwork all the way through, more than doubled. And I was fully aware of the steps required to get the art through all necessary stages, having done it twice.



Just yesterday, I learned a new (for me) technique for inserting a texture I created (after the GIMP2 art program became un-stuck) using the bucket-fill feature, that will "stick" with me, from now on -- most likely due to my memorable GIMP2 sticky mis-hap.



Hopefully next time you'll decide to wash the kitchen floor AFTER you make another stir-fry cous cous dinner. Just maybe. With you, Mr. Peepers, we are never quite sure. ❤️️



*hugs* ~Sweet Parakeet
Mr Peepers likes this.


a little blue parakeet of happiness
who will always be in my heart 💙
Sweet Parakeet is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2020, 08:48 AM Thread Starter



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,800
Thanks: 1,427
Thanked 675 Times in 588 Posts
Rep Power: 18
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Parakeet View Post
Your situation was a perfect television comedy scenario. I think we all have had conflicts like this happen to us, Mr. Peepers. Whatever happens only makes us stronger. Or learn patience. Or both.



Yesterday I was working on an art project with my GIMP2. Part way through the coloring process, my pointer icon got stuck and I could not shift the program to save the process already completed, or even change the paintbrush to a different mode of technique. So, yeah, really stuck.

Luckily J. came to the rescue and put new batteries in the mouse so I could finish my digital graphic to completion.



I must mention, here, that I have faced a scenario like this before, in the past, where the outcome had not been so positive. I could not save the partially-completed artwork, as rebooting the computer to a working condition came before trying to hit save (how?) during this conundrum -- so it meant starting all over again (patience learned!) remembering the steps I had previously used before I lost my work.



But you know, because my completed artwork was put on trial in this way, the satisfaction in finishing this digital artwork all the way through, more than doubled. And I was fully aware of the steps required to get the art through all necessary stages, having done it twice.



Just yesterday, I learned a new (for me) technique for inserting a texture I created (after the GIMP2 art program became un-stuck) using the bucket-fill feature, that will "stick" with me, from now on -- most likely due to my memorable GIMP2 sticky mis-hap.



Hopefully next time you'll decide to wash the kitchen floor AFTER you make another stir-fry cous cous dinner. Just maybe. With you, Mr. Peepers, we are never quite sure. ❤️️



*hugs* ~Sweet Parakeet



Ah .... the dilemma of using a cordless mouse ..... been there done that. You are lucky J came to the rescue, it could have been really hectic with him running around LOOKING for those spare batteries that always disappear when you need them. J freaking out because he has to take the battery's from the tv remote and cursing he'll never get them back now cause YOU have to work on your Gimp ... lol


Been there done that too. But as you say it is a learning curve and you find things are a little more simpler the 2nd time around.



By the way ... I LOVE the bucket tool ... its a life saver.
Sweet Parakeet likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2020, 01:41 PM


 
Sweet Parakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Thousand Islands, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 519
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 8
         
J. keeps fresh batteries of various sizes in their regular packaging in a particular place that only he knows of, so I leave all "battery particulars" to J. But while we are on the subject, have you seen on TV the recent ads for Battery Daddy?

J. and I find the brand name hilarious!


About Battery Daddy:

Keep all your loose batteries organized with the Battery Daddy. This double-sided storage system holds 180 batteries and groups them by size for easy access. Includes a battery tester and a durable handle for easy carrying and portability.
  • As Seen On TV
  • Battery Daddy stores and organizes 180 batteries
  • Organizes batteries by size and type for easy Identification
  • Double sided
  • Clear locking lid lets you see everything at a glance and prevent any unwanted contact
  • Build-in battery tester lets you check power to ensure that you replace dead batteries with new ones
  • Durable handle for easy carrying



Now, wouldn't you want one of these on your Christmas wish list?

But, prolly with 180 fresh batteries included.
Mr Peepers likes this.


a little blue parakeet of happiness
who will always be in my heart 💙
Sweet Parakeet is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2020, 09:47 AM Thread Starter



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,800
Thanks: 1,427
Thanked 675 Times in 588 Posts
Rep Power: 18
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Parakeet View Post
J. keeps fresh batteries of various sizes in their regular packaging in a particular place that only he knows of, so I leave all "battery particulars" to J. But while we are on the subject, have you seen on TV the recent ads for Battery Daddy?

J. and I find the brand name hilarious!


About Battery Daddy:

Keep all your loose batteries organized with the Battery Daddy. This double-sided storage system holds 180 batteries and groups them by size for easy access. Includes a battery tester and a durable handle for easy carrying and portability.
  • As Seen On TV
  • Battery Daddy stores and organizes 180 batteries
  • Organizes batteries by size and type for easy Identification
  • Double sided
  • Clear locking lid lets you see everything at a glance and prevent any unwanted contact
  • Build-in battery tester lets you check power to ensure that you replace dead batteries with new ones
  • Durable handle for easy carrying



Now, wouldn't you want one of these on your Christmas wish list?

But, prolly with 180 fresh batteries included.

How much is this wonderful Battery Daddy? Only $19.95 available at these fine stores? Walmart Walgreens and where ever else.



I have one of these bat dads ..... its called a tupperware container full of dollar store and walmart cheap-o batteries stuffed in a drawer in a cabinet in the cold storage area of the house where apparently you should store battery's. They say to keep battery's in a cold area or even in your fridge because they keep their power longer. What? The fridge? Where will I keep my beer if I have 180 battery's in a daddy bin? HUH?


This isn't a horrible idea to have a battery daddy ... but what a horrible name! LOL
Sweet Parakeet likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2020, 03:18 PM


 
Sweet Parakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Thousand Islands, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 519
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 8
         
Exclamation Who's Your Battery Daddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
How much is this wonderful Battery Daddy? Only $19.95 available at these fine stores? Walmart Walgreens and where ever else.



I have one of these bat dads ..... its called a tupperware container full of dollar store and walmart cheap-o batteries stuffed in a drawer in a cabinet in the cold storage area of the house where apparently you should store battery's. They say to keep battery's in a cold area or even in your fridge because they keep their power longer. What? The fridge? Where will I keep my beer if I have 180 battery's in a daddy bin? HUH?


This isn't a horrible idea to have a battery daddy ... but what a horrible name! LOL

Well, my cordless mouse died again while I was trying to send an email to my sister, with a link to an outrageous, excellent video by Jimmy Fallon -- 2020: The Musical. And to be of merry spirit, I will link it for you, here.


Needless to say, fresh batteries once again got the email delivery service working again (along with some choice curse words from J), but I couldn't help remembering my original plight with the unresponsive mouse So, here, I will showcase my original snow globe graphic with a little boy named Timmy, called "Don't Eat Toxic Snow."


The background fill is the textured lime green bucket coverage I was talking about earlier. But it is special to me, because I created this texture myself. And because this is a digital collage piece, I intentionally pasted the white blocks of green snowflakes as a decorative element. Oh, and Timmy is an avatar I post with on Gaia Online, so I just copy-pasted his image into the globe.


J. doesn't always understand why I create this stuff, but he knows that I like to keep busy. xD
Mr Peepers likes this.


a little blue parakeet of happiness
who will always be in my heart 💙
Sweet Parakeet is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 08:22 AM Thread Starter



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,800
Thanks: 1,427
Thanked 675 Times in 588 Posts
Rep Power: 18
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Parakeet View Post
Well, my cordless mouse died again while I was trying to send an email to my sister, with a link to an outrageous, excellent video by Jimmy Fallon -- 2020: The Musical. And to be of merry spirit, I will link it for you, here. YouTube | Jimmy Fallon and 2020: The Musical


Needless to say, fresh batteries once again got the email delivery service working again (along with some choice curse words from J), but I couldn't help remembering my original plight with the unresponsive mouse So, here, I will showcase my original snow globe graphic with a little boy named Timmy, called "Don't Eat Toxic Snow."


The background fill is the textured lime green bucket coverage I was talking about earlier. But it is special to me, because I created this texture myself. And because this is a digital collage piece, I intentionally pasted the white blocks of green snowflakes as a decorative element. Oh, and Timmy is an avatar I post with on Gaia Online, so I just copy-pasted his image into the globe.


J. doesn't always understand why I create this stuff, but he knows that I like to keep busy. xD

I love the globe, Great Job!


The textures are really nice and I like the colors especially when its not the traditional reds and greens and gold.

It's a lot of fun to get messed up in a photo shop program ... there are so many tools to see and use. I haven't done much lately as I've been trying my hand at various at home art projects to keep me busy.



Soon again I will play on here again like you do!
Sweet Parakeet likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2020, 03:34 PM


 
Sweet Parakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Thousand Islands, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 519
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 8
         
Exclamation There's more than Corona Virus Out There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
I love the globe, Great Job!


The textures are really nice and I like the colors especially when its not the traditional reds and greens and gold.

It's a lot of fun to get messed up in a photo shop program ... there are so many tools to see and use. I haven't done much lately as I've been trying my hand at various at home art projects to keep me busy.



Soon again I will play on here again like you do!

Well, I just had a fun time leaving a link that was warning me about having my computer infected with spyware when all I wanted to do was to check out some brush templates that could be used with the GIMP (a free photo shop program.) I won't post the link to GIMP.org because I don't want to be responsible for leading anyone else to a dark trail of spyware/virus scam corruption. A darn slippery slope of despair!

I haven't made J. a happy camper with all of this -- but I was able to leave the page of disruption with Ctrl, Alt, Delete and use the handy-dandy Task Manager to close Firefox. Then I used my C.Cleaner to wipe away any bread crumbs. >whew!<


I think that if I want to download any other brush templates for my GIMP I'll go to DeviantART, where I've downloaded graphic tool accessories before, with success.



Hope your day is going well & good luck with your real-life art projects! xoxo ~Sweet Parakeet
Mr Peepers likes this.


a little blue parakeet of happiness
who will always be in my heart 💙
Sweet Parakeet is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Talk Parrots Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome