Thank-you, I love him! He's so pretty.
I've wanted a Betta forever but he is my first.
I can't wait to get a tank for him. I think I'm going to research what other fish can live with Bettas too as I know that I can't keep more than one together.
He is stunning! I love his coloring.
- You can house bettas and other fish together however several considerations must be made
- Fish/tropical fish have varying levels of aggression
- Tiger barbs, cichlid, etc are considered aggressive.
- Aggressive fish cannot be housed with bettas due to the bettas fins motion setting off the prey/aggressive instinct in the other fish. Bettas will be tattered or killed easily
- They can be housed with non-aggressive fish however caution must also be taken there as the fins of other fish can set off the betta. I housed mine with guppies and tetras
He is such a cutie pie!! I love his long fins
2 bettas can't stay together?
- They can however it is to be avoided to house males together. Females can be housed together with a proper introduction and the proper size tank
Originally Posted by ParrotletsRock
No two betta will fight and kill each other if kept in the same tank, even the females cannot be safely tanked together... to bad as a tank full of different colors and tail types of bettas would look awesome!!!
Beautiful little fish!
Depending on the size tank and the individual bettas you can house them together however it takes careful planning
Do beware when you buy the tank - filters have a tendency to be too strong for a betta's increased plumage, they easily struggle to swim against the current, are easily snagged in the filter intake and usually require a typical filter to be wrapped to slow it down. Take this into consideration when choosing your tank and filter.
Stunning fish! He is very handsome - welcome to the wonderful world of bettas.