Hello! I am thinking about a Green Cheek Conure and I have questions.!
1. What cage do you house your GCC in(pictures if possible)?
2. What foods do you feed your GCC?
(Pellets or Seeds? What fruits and veggies?)
3. What toys do your GCC seem to use/Like?
(How many toys should be in the cage?)
4. Favorite thing about Green Cheeks?
5. Least Favorite thing about GCCs?
6. What are/were your training techniques??
7. What are your top ten GCC product must-haves?
8. Favorite Green Cheek Conure related memories?
9. Do you know of any good websites for learning about these beautiful birds?
10. What else should I know about Green Cheek Conures!?
#1 I have a HQ flight cage for mine.
#2 my GCC eats a budgie mix with a few sunflower and safflower seeds mixed in, Zupreem fruit pellets, fresh veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, romaine lettuce, radish, peppers hot or sweet seeds and all, and celery) sprouted seeds,cooked rice, barley, lentils, cous cous and pasta.
#3 mine is not a big toy player.. She likes to shred corn husks, likes to chew feathers and ring her bell.
#4 My favorite thing is her friendlyness. She is sweet and cuddly.
#5 she can be clingy and one in a while she can be nippy.
#6 never really had training technics, just did what made sense to me.
#7 a large cage, quality food, a separate playstand, variety of perches, cuttlebone, shreddable toys...
#8 don't really have one or two favs
#9 don't know
#10 GCC can be nippy and some say they can be loud.. However mine is rarely either nippy or loud, she is sweet and quiet.