Homepage Topic Suggestions - Talk Parrots Forums

Talk Parrots General General parrot discussion, questions, help and information.

 18Likes
  • 1 Post By Yungster
  • 2 Post By colbon2
  • 2 Post By catalinadee
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 2 Post By colbon2
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 2 Post By catalinadee
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By MissyBird
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By MissyBird
  • 1 Post By Mr Peepers
  • 1 Post By catalinadee
  • 1 Post By MissyBird
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
 
Yungster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 272
Thanks: 5
Thanked 48 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 9
     
Homepage Topic Suggestions

Hey Parrot lovers,

I wanted to add a couple of articles to the homepage and was wondering what kind of topics you all would like to read?

Please post your suggestions, for example what kind of diet should my parrot have?

Your feedback is highly appreciated

Thank you so much

~ Glen Community Support
MissyBird likes this.

Yungster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 01:30 AM
 
colbon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 620
Thanks: 75
Thanked 339 Times in 268 Posts
Rep Power: 9
   
Topics would be cool would be people explaining their different species of birds, from their perspective.
MissyBird and Mr Peepers like this.

Thanks ~Drini~ (Other Forum)
Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000





colbon2 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to colbon2 For This Useful Post:
Mr Peepers (02-17-2016)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 06:55 AM



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbon2 View Post
Topics would be cool would be people explaining their different species of birds, from their perspective.
I was considering doing a Species in Focus sort of thing where a different species, commonly kept or not, would be showcased
MissyBird and Mr Peepers like this.

- Alexandrine parakeets Holly, George, Koda & - Crimson rosella Kasumi Orange winged Amazon parrot Paulie
catalinadee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to catalinadee For This Useful Post:
Mr Peepers (02-17-2016)
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 02:23 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Dietary Needs Fresh Foods/Organics Pellets Vitamins Minerals ETC

I'd like to see articles about sprouted seeds, if the articles can post pics or links back to the members who have posted threads and info about this would be great.

As well as people's thoughts about fresh plants we have in gardens or yards such as dandelions, aloe chamomile etc that we give to our birds.

The fresh fruits and veggies we buy at grocery stores either organic or not.

Pellets and vitamins or minerals we've had success giving to our birds when they were ill and needed extra attention.

I've read posts by @clawnz about giving Bee Pollen to birds that needed extra care when ill and how it can benefit our birds these were great posts and more people would benefit reading about it.

This all interests me.
MissyBird likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 02:00 PM
 
colbon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 620
Thanks: 75
Thanked 339 Times in 268 Posts
Rep Power: 9
   
Cage post, which cages work best and what people have set up.
MissyBird and Mr Peepers like this.

Thanks ~Drini~ (Other Forum)
Rest in Peace... (Trixster) 03/17/2000





colbon2 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 03:37 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by colbon2 View Post
Cage post, which cages work best and what people have set up.


I just did one on cages it was more about cages for smaller birds but still gives some good pointers when looking for a cage.


https://www.talkparrots.com/137-home-...-new-bird.html
MissyBird likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 02:12 PM



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
I'd like to see articles about sprouted seeds, if the articles can post pics or links back to the members who have posted threads and info about this would be great.

As well as people's thoughts about fresh plants we have in gardens or yards such as dandelions, aloe chamomile etc that we give to our birds.

The fresh fruits and veggies we buy at grocery stores either organic or not.

Pellets and vitamins or minerals we've had success giving to our birds when they were ill and needed extra attention.

I've read posts by @clawnz about giving Bee Pollen to birds that needed extra care when ill and how it can benefit our birds these were great posts and more people would benefit reading about it.

This all interests me.
The fresh foods (and food in general) I was thinking about doing an individual post for each thing that is nutritious. Like I'm not talking y'know your bog standard foods like apples, grapes etc (though foods like that will obviously be mentioned) but making articles like "Why pumpkin is great for your parrot" in October and things like that. I've already written a few out for nutritional benefits

We could post those threads, absolutely! As long as the original poster is announced at the beginning. We have some great posts like that
MissyBird and Mr Peepers like this.

- Alexandrine parakeets Holly, George, Koda & - Crimson rosella Kasumi Orange winged Amazon parrot Paulie
catalinadee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to catalinadee For This Useful Post:
Mr Peepers (02-20-2016)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 02:25 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinadee View Post
The fresh foods (and food in general) I was thinking about doing an individual post for each thing that is nutritious. Like I'm not talking y'know your bog standard foods like apples, grapes etc (though foods like that will obviously be mentioned) but making articles like "Why pumpkin is great for your parrot" in October and things like that. I've already written a few out for nutritional benefits

We could post those threads, absolutely! As long as the original poster is announced at the beginning. We have some great posts like that

Great idea! I like the idea of individual different food items and the benefits they provide for our birds.
MissyBird likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 07:50 AM
 
MissyBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 665
Thanks: 983
Thanked 376 Times in 287 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Ooh. I love all of these ideas!

How about an article about how different species play. What kind and size of toys work for different species, and how to play with birds that don't really like toys, but would benefit from playful interaction without toys. Thanks
Mr Peepers likes this.

CometScooterSnowball
MissyBird is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 12:26 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBird View Post
Ooh. I love all of these ideas!

How about an article about how different species play. What kind and size of toys work for different species, and how to play with birds that don't really like toys, but would benefit from playful interaction without toys. Thanks
This is another great idea. Thanks Missy.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 12:29 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Thinking about Missy's idea it would be interesting to see articles about toys.

Depending on a persons pet birds sizes and species it would be interesting to see what type of homemade toys appeal to some birds and how and what people use to make homemade toys for their birds. Either toy products they buy online or just make from objects at home.

For example: a friend has a cockatoo that loves cardboard cereal boxes to destroy and play with. Where another friend gives their african grey telephone books to tear up and destroy. Another person has a bunch of cockatiel's that love to chew wood branches so she prepares apple tree and weeping willow branches for her birds to destroy and play with.

I like reading all these interesting home made cheap free toys people provide for their birds.

Then there is the whole other idea about mass produced factory type toys we can purchase in shops or online.

Maybe articles about the good and the bad of either type of toy?
MissyBird likes this.





Mr Peepers is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Peepers For This Useful Post:
MissyBird (02-22-2016)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 12:57 PM
 
MissyBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 665
Thanks: 983
Thanked 376 Times in 287 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
Thinking about Missy's idea it would be interesting to see articles about toys.

Depending on a persons pet birds sizes and species it would be interesting to see what type of homemade toys appeal to some birds and how and what people use to make homemade toys for their birds. Either toy products they buy online or just make from objects at home.

For example: a friend has a cockatoo that loves cardboard cereal boxes to destroy and play with. Where another friend gives their african grey telephone books to tear up and destroy. Another person has a bunch of cockatiel's that love to chew wood branches so she prepares apple tree and weeping willow branches for her birds to destroy and play with.

I like reading all these interesting home made cheap free toys people provide for their birds.

Then there is the whole other idea about mass produced factory type toys we can purchase in shops or online.

Maybe articles about the good and the bad of either type of toy?
Excellent addition! Thank-you.

Btw- our guys love to run and hide inside of a saltine cracker box! LOL!
Mr Peepers likes this.

CometScooterSnowball
MissyBird is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 01:34 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyBird View Post
Excellent addition! Thank-you.

Btw- our guys love to run and hide inside of a saltine cracker box! LOL!
It seems fitting.... after all "Polly wants a cracker?"
MissyBird likes this.
Mr Peepers is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Peepers For This Useful Post:
MissyBird (02-22-2016)
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 04:30 PM



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Feel free to write some of those Mr Peepers! You'll be better off doing the toy posts and things, I'm really bad at making my own so don't really have much to say on that haha. I'm more husbandry, health, nutrition and training
Mr Peepers likes this.

- Alexandrine parakeets Holly, George, Koda & - Crimson rosella Kasumi Orange winged Amazon parrot Paulie
catalinadee is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 05:40 PM



 
Mr Peepers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,085
Thanks: 1,410
Thanked 656 Times in 569 Posts
Rep Power: 16
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by catalinadee View Post
Feel free to write some of those Mr Peepers! You'll be better off doing the toy posts and things, I'm really bad at making my own so don't really have much to say on that haha. I'm more husbandry, health, nutrition and training

I've already done a Toy article that Glenda said she'd set up for March.

But I didn't get in to much of the details like I mentioned in the post earlier about homemade things like boxes and phone books and different bird species and sizes.

There's a lot of work in that.
Mr Peepers is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 07:08 PM
 
MissyBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 665
Thanks: 983
Thanked 376 Times in 287 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peepers View Post
It seems fitting.... after all "Polly wants a cracker?"
If I have time I'll write one on toy stuff - just really swamped until Easter, so not much time to work on it.
Mr Peepers likes this.

CometScooterSnowball
MissyBird is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Talk Parrots Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome