Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want to show off my family tree...flower I mean

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Abby 
#1 ·
Two years ago I decided to get a tattoo of one of my Lillies. This is what it looked like

I guess I gotta ge the dog and birds now Just kidding
this is what the tattoo looked like

then last year I had greenery and a banner with my kids names on it

and this year I had my 7 grand childrens names added

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, where are the pictures of your tatoos, Jenny. :toetap05:

I know - ME asking for pictures. :whistle:

#4 ·
:lol: Well, this is the one I got for my bird, Mizu

These are 2 of my back tattoos - one's a Geisha and one is a Roman-styled woman with 2 macaws on her arms, a little hard to see

And this is the one that's now in-between those two

Sorry to load your thread with pics of my tats, Kathy!

#7 ·
I like the greenery added to the lily, nice completed work there.

I love the feather, Jenny, and the Geisha!

I have 3 myself (dragon, phoenix and an open charm bracelet), a fourth getting mocked up now to get done in March I hope, which will be an owl and a fantail on a mangolia tree with a wolf at the bottom - tree going town birds eye view style. It's going to be a big side piece.

#9 ·
Mine hehe! Should be getting some more next year. Don't have a lot of money yet, getting a geisha. I love yours Jenny and I love the one for Mizu! What was Mizu (species I mean)? - if you don't mind me asking

Attachments

#13 ·
Mizu was a turquoise female linnie - the first bird that was really, truly, MINE. We had birds growing up as kids, and some were 'mine' but they were my mom's birds I played with, really. I moved out for college, got a place, and bought Mizu myself, for myself. She was a shy bird, never liked hands, but we were very closely bonded. If I was laughing, she'd do a linnie giggle. If I was mad or yelling, she'd make angry noises. If I was crying, she blew me kisses. Every night I came home from work (we're talking 11pm-12am) she'd make quiet kissy noises from under the covers to me to welcome me home. I miss her dearly, though it's been a year and a half since she passed :lovehearts:

About how much are tattoos?
They vary in price - I have an artist who comes down from NC a few times a year and charges the cost of ink and a little extra. He did my back piece with cherry blossoms and the sparrow for $140 and he did my ankh (just got that a few weeks ago) for $120. The more detail to a tattoo, the colors, the shading, etc all impact the price. Unless you really know and trust an artist, don't go somewhere for price. When I get my back piece done, I know it's gonna cost me a good $1,000+ to get it done EXACTLY how I want it. It's totally worth it tho since it's something you have to live with. I have a good... $800 in tattoos on me right now? and I'm not done! :giggle:

#11 ·
Mine was £30 because the guy is my friend XD erm they can be pricey depending on the studio, the artist and how big it is and how much time they take

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.