Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 9
I owe my new parrot ..... BIG TIME
I posted a few weeks back contemplating whether to adopt a new IRN or not . I did get him/her home and 'Skye' as he/she is called has been settling in quite well .
Well today morning while I was sleeping , I was woken up by the incessant screeching of Skye at around 11 am (i'm on my summer break
) . I eventually got up went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee . As soon as I entered the kitchen , I sensed something was amiss and smelt the gas . I checked the stove and noticed that one of the knobs was fully turned on . I immediately shut it . It then struck me that our prayer room is right next to the kitchen . We always have a small candle lit in the room . I quickly ran into the room and blew it off .
After all this was done , I just sat down to think as to what could have happened . The gas i presume had been on for a few hours and the last person to leave the apartment would've been the house help who comes every morning to clean . If i didn't wake up when I did , I might not be posting this right now
All I can say is that I owe my life to Skye .