Talk Parrots Forums - View Single Post - I owe my new parrot ..... BIG TIME

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
vinay

I owe my new parrot ..... BIG TIME

I posted a few weeks back contemplating whether to adopt a new IRN or not . I did get him/her home and 'Skye' as he/she is called has been settling in quite well .

Well today morning while I was sleeping , I was woken up by the incessant screeching of Skye at around 11 am (i'm on my summer break ) . I eventually got up went to the kitchen to make myself some coffee . As soon as I entered the kitchen , I sensed something was amiss and smelt the gas . I checked the stove and noticed that one of the knobs was fully turned on . I immediately shut it . It then struck me that our prayer room is right next to the kitchen . We always have a small candle lit in the room . I quickly ran into the room and blew it off .

After all this was done , I just sat down to think as to what could have happened . The gas i presume had been on for a few hours and the last person to leave the apartment would've been the house help who comes every morning to clean . If i didn't wake up when I did , I might not be posting this right now .

All I can say is that I owe my life to Skye .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vinay For This Useful Post:
Abby (09-06-2013), Flapping Mama (09-07-2013), wyrinth (09-05-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome