Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald macaws

4K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
I wanted to make a thread to show you all the emerald macaw because some may have never seen it. I personally haven't seen one on life but I have seen a few pictures so I will share them.

It is a hybrid between the hyacinth and Buffon's but generally looking at the bird itself you would assume it was one big green hyacinth haha.

They're mega cute and mega big and I really wish people would breed them. Give me a fair few years and I may be doing so hehe. I really want some!

Another hybrid called the milicinth has also been made. Obviously a hyacinth and military. I will also upload a pic of that :)

The last bird is the milicinth!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I see where you're coming from. I love most hybrids. My faves have got to be the harlequins, catalinas and camelots but then I found this and thought it was amazing hehe.

I do however see the problem with hybridizing macaws such as the hyacinth though because they're generally difficult to breed + they need to breed otherwise we'll run out D: !!

#4 ·
There is a wide variety in the faces.

#5 ·
In the faces? What do you mean? Like appearance?

#6 ·
They are sure pretty, although I think I agree with Jenny. I think normal Hyacinths are absolutely gorgeous and amazing birds. :hearts: I would absolutely love one, but I don't think that's going to happen, lol. :lol:

#7 ·
Yeah I agree too. Hyacinths are amazing. I really want one :p I want one of everything at this rate XD

#10 ·
Some of the faces look more like hyacinth faces and others look more like the buffons face. The military cross has a face that looks more like a military.

The buffons is also rare. I would think probably rarer than the hyacinth, but I am not certain about that.

#11 ·
Yeah I thought that too. I don't think I've ever seen a buffons for sale to be honest. And I see what you mean about the face now haha!

#12 ·
I've never seen a buffon's for sale either, but the bird store has one that belongs to the manager. He is a neat bird, VERY loud, and I avoid his beak, but he loves target training.

#13 ·
Really? That's awesome! I would love to see one, I've seen military but I haven't had the privilege of meeting a buffons :(

#14 ·
He is a great bird - for the store manager but not for me, :lol:

His green is very bright. There is a slight tinge of yellow to it. I haven't seen a military in a very long time, and I never saw the two together, so I can't remember exactly how they compare, other than size.

#15 ·
That's awesome haha. I've never noticed any yellow tinge to them though :lol: They do in my opinion looks like virtually the same bird only the buffons is massive!

#16 ·
Ah, I've found a picture of both of them together and looking at them it is most certainly the size and the buffons does have a cool tint of yellow in it :D

Attachments

#18 ·
Great picture! I've never seen a picture of them together like that.

#19 ·
I'm glad I found it haha. I love how from that picture itself due to the flash you can really see the difference in the birds hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.