Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

More birdies adding to the flock

8K views 66 replies 8 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
I just ordered two female Java sparrows to add to the mixed aviary. They look lovely and I think they will fit in fine amongst the other birds.

I am also waiting for a reply on two young peach-faced lovebirds that want re-homing so that will be cool :biggrin5:

Then next year we're going for adoption in the summer and after my exams I am hopefully going to be bought a new parrot from the whole family. I really don't know what though yet hehe!

I can't wait, at the moment though we're just adding bits and bobs to the mixed aviary. At the moment in it we have two red-fronted kakariki, two zebra finches, three Chinese painted (button) quail and one poor little Bicheno finch. Eeee! I love adding more birdies hehe.

Hopefully next year we will get some good breeding done by the kakarikis!
I will put loads and loads of pictures up soon :giggle:

#2 ·
On the other hand those people selling the Peach faced were very rude and horrible so now I think I'm going to ask the person selling a whole bunch of masked lovebirds hehe. Seriously though, those people were really mean. Urgh some people

#3 ·
Congratulations on the finches.

I love masked lovebirds.

#4 ·
Hehe thank you!
I love them too, I used to have some peach-faced and I was looking forward to more but I guess some people just didn't want to cooperate :(
Masked lovebirds are gorgeous, especially in violet :lovehearts:

#5 ·
I've never seen a violet in real life, but I would love to.

#6 ·
Yeah haha. I've ordered them now. We've got the standard green ones but they're very lovely haha :)

#7 ·
Do you mean you have purchased some masked lovebirds?

#8 ·
Yeah but I had to order them off a guy (as in reserve them - I can't think of what the word will be haha) and he will be delivering them on Sunday so pictures will be coming :)

#9 ·
Nice! Congratulations!

#10 ·
Hehe thanks. Plenty of pictures to come then haha. Over the weekend I will try and take a load more of Chewee as well, he's getting a little less nervy around the camera.

Also I've only got a few pictures of the aviary birds so there shall be more of those to come :)!!

#11 ·
Yay! Congratulations! It's so awesome you can just like order and buy birds whenever you want. I have to go through a long and terrible hard process trying to convince my parents to let me have one more bird. That's the reason I've only got four! (As I once said, convincing parents is an art.)

Just of curiosity, Daisy, how were the Peach Faced Lovebird owners being rude? What did they say?

I can't wait for pictures!! :D

#13 ·
Beth: Thank you and yeah I really hope they do hehe!

Abby: I live with my grandparents due to problems with my family in the past so I don't have to beg them or anything. Either way I always buy animals if I have the money without permission XD Nan wouldn't let me have any birds... now look at me. Nan wouldn't let me have a snake either, but yet again, I have one haha xD!!
The conversation between me and the sellers was virtually:
"Hey I'm calling about the lovebirds?"
"yes"
"well would I be able to have them?"
"yes"
"could you deliver please?"
"no"
"but I don't live too far away...."
"so?"
"so I can't drive, can you please bring them over or meet me half way?"
"walk..."
"no"
*Daisy hangs up*

:lol: mean people. Couldn't care less could they. It was the tone of voice more than anything though to be honest :/

#14 ·
Oooh, violet and blue masked lovies are the cutest! And I'm so jealous on the Java finches!! I want a hand-raised one soooo bad, they'll let you give them scritches and snuggle on your shoulder! :lovehearts: I'd be happy just to have a finch I could let fly about who wanted to sit on me and on my finger and would do a step up :giggle:

#15 ·
hehe ours are two females so we should get along with them fine. Maybe d some training hehe. We're getting the standard black masked lovebirds and hopefully we can breed from them in a few years perhaps hehe.
Can't wait!

#16 ·
Hmm maybe if I can get some male Javas I could perhaps breed and have my own cuddly babies... now that would be fun hehe!

#18 ·
URGH some people! These people were meant to deliver my lovely new lovebirds off at the weekend... still haven't had anything from them yet! I'm furious, they haven't even called back, I've left messages, emails, texts, EVERYTHING! So when they come around and ring me - if they bother - they've got another thing coming :mad: stupid stupid stupid man. Ruining my birdy happiness... urgghhhh. Now I'm going to have to find something else... I was looking forward to my new lovebirds :(

I really hate being stood up like that.

TWO lots of people have now let me down about lovebirds!

#20 ·
scammers! scammers everywhere! ruining my birdy fun :(

#22 ·
That emoticon actually made me laugh. I think I've gone insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.