Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paint with birds in the house?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  _simon_ 
#1 ·
I have a number of repaired screw holes in another room that need touching up. Would this be safe to do or am I risking my birds health? I can't remove the birds from the house. Paint says it'll take about 6 hours to fully dry. I'm not painting full walls, just want to cover up the screw hole repair from shelving that's been removed.

#3 ·
Yes, it should be okay if you move the birds to another room, and turn off the heater so the air isn't circulated into the room they're in. We are getting ready to do a small amount of painting in our family room (where our Conure is), and I asked at Lowe's just today about it. She said most paint today is low VOC - Volatile Organic Compound, not much in the way of an odor. We'll be moving Libby into Angelina's room for a couple of days to make sure.

#6 ·
I never did paint the new door we had installed to keep the birds in one half of the house. I always thought I would board them when we painted, but I never got around to it last summer. I'm going to wait until summer again, though.

#8 ·
Just thought I'd say that I did paint the screw hole repairs a few weeks back. Kept the door closed and the windows open. Although the birds were fine I was concerned as both myself and my gf got headaches from using that tiny amount of paint in a ventilated room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.