Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What time do your birds go to bed?

8K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  Chicklet 
#1 ·
Do you have a nightly routine with your birds? What time do they go to bed each night?

#5 ·
I usually cover the cages between 8 and 9 every night. As I walk over with the cover the budgies jump to their sleeping spots(swings). I uncover around 8 in the morning and the linnie is always awake but the budgies are still sometimes sleeping.

#8 ·
Mine rise and sleep with the sun. Right now it gets dark enough for them to start geting ready for at 7 - 7:30 ish and then they get up around 6 i think. I wouldn't know as i sleep right through all the noise. I did however get to enjoy watching them wake up once as i stay up all night long

#9 ·
My linnies and parrotlets go to bed around 8-9 when it gets dark and wake with the sun. My upstairs birds (goober and moose) are up with me until 11 at the latest and wake up with me around 8-9 am. They're upstairs and quiet to themselves during the day and nap a lot in the afternoon to make up a little extra sleep.

#17 ·
My Linnies go to bed around 9 pm and my conures go to bed in their sleep cages at 7 pm. Everyone is up around 6:30-7 am The Linnies get to stay up later because they take naps throughout the day, my conures don't take naps.
Zoe is funny because if I try to sleep in a little later like 8 am, she starts calling out by saying peek-a-boo. She starts out softly as if to say, "Is anyone there?"and gets progressively louder as if to say"Hey it's time to get up, I'm hungry!!":lol:

#19 ·
The only fids of mine who have a bed time are the conures, cause they're cranky little so-and-so's when they don't get enough sleep. They're put in their sleep cage in a quiet/dark room at 8:30pm, and wake up around 7:30am most days. :) The others are in their cages by 10:30pm most nights.

#21 ·
Mine are put to bed in their room at 8:00pm...They're up around 8:00am. Levi gets very grumpy if he doesn't get 12hours, and there's nothing worse than a grumpy Linnie!:giggle:

#23 ·
Mine went to bed early tonight. Almost 2 hours earlier than usual. Tweety had done his screeches and ear piercing squawks ALL DAY LONG today. It's only 8:30 here and their usual bedtime is 11. All of them are quiet except Tweety. Maybe I need to rethink their bedtime. Could be part of Tweety's screaming problem. :eek: Either that or I need to get room darkening shades.

I can hear him under the cage cover "squeaking" at me now. :yikes: They know what "go to bed, night night" means. He just doesn't want to. I swear that bird could go 24/7.

Could it still be hormones, this time of year, in the US? :shrug:

#24 ·
My birds have a very crazy schedule. Most of the time they are in bed by 10 - 11pm. l uncover them around 11 to noon.
Other times they are in bed anytime from 8:30pm to midnight and uncovered 10 to 12 hours later from when they where covered.

#25 ·
Wow everyone's birds are night owls. Millie and Niblet settle onto their sleeping perches between 6 and 7 pm. Millie is always the one who calls me for the blanket and seeing I cover the cages together now, Niblet goes to sleep at the same time. They will usually sleep until 7 or 7:30am.
They also have a quick nap between noon and 1pm.

#26 ·
My three Budgies get covered every night around 8 PM and uncovered at 9 AM. They get plenty of sleep and usually do not nap during the day. :whitefacedbluebudgi

My little baby Sun Conure that I am had feeding naps all during the day and gets it's last feeding just before midnight then sleeps until around 8 AM:sun2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.