I have finally decided to go meet Freddie.
Hopefully on Saturday(if it's convenient with the owner) I will drive four hours, meet Freddie, and if everything looks good, I will return with him on Sunday. The way I see it is this....
I have some security with a one month trial if I find that we're not a good match.
I'll worry about Hormones later, if and when needed. Hormonal behavior won't last forever.
It's impossible to see "down the road" with any accuracy. I refuse to let anxiety about all possibilities stop me from trying this. I'm 55....I'll find Freddie a good home, when and if I can't do it anymore. I may live and be healthy for 25 more years. I may develop some weird illness next year...Who knows?
It's a relief to have finally decided. This bird has been "talking" to me for months !!! My husband says that if I had put as much thought into getting pregnant, we'd be now childless...
He's actually intrigued by Freddie as well, so that is a plus.