Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Conure and Budgie

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  hyacinthalex 
#1 ·
I just bought a Jenday Conure sadly it is not tame and has not had any human contact since it was born. So obviously he is scared. I wanted to know if I can put one of my budgies in the same cage as him to see if they get along. But I am scared that my conure kills the budgie. So would it be okay under supervision or not to be tried at all?

#5 ·
I would never attempt to put birds with that size difference in the same cage, but the good news is that they will still enjoy one another from separate cages. My senegal and my bourkes used to talk to one another all the time and even engaged in parallel play. They always ate at the same time, too.

They may still do this, but I have more birds now and their cages are not close together. They definitely do still talk to one another, though.

#6 ·
Yeah I wouldn't mix birds of different sizes in a cage. I wouldn't want to risk my birds. Conures are quite feisty in general. As the others said, they can still enjoy each other from seeing eachother. But not necessarily keeping them in the same cage. I think a budgie would be pretty defenceless too. I doubt the budgie would be a danger to the conure haha!

#8 ·
A bit like parrotlets! I've seen tiny birds attacking eagles etc. Fearless little things!

#9 ·
Yeah, lol!
I brought Vanity up to the budgies cage to see if they would ignore eachother (Vanity was out, budgies were in the cage), both budgies lunged & screeched at her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.