You want me to eat that? - Talk Parrots Forums

Parrot Nutrition, Diet and Feeding Discuss parrot nutrition, diets, foods and feeding.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
 
EverLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Wink You want me to eat that?

I posted this on TB, but I thought I'd share it with you guys too!

I made Cutie up a mix of cut up bananas and grapes today, and put them in her treat dish. Iím attempting to trick her into eating fruits and veggies by putting them in there, but so far it hasnít been working. I know that she does like grapes, but I still crushed up some Avi-Cakes for her on top.

Apparently this doesnít meet her high standards. Sheís taken to grabbing the perch part of the dish, pulling it towards her, and then letting it fall back and hit the cage bars. Thatís her way of telling me the dish is empty, or now, that she doesnít like whatís inside.

R.I.P. M&M
EverLove is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Sensfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 502
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 12
 
Too cute but I'm sure annoying. I found that Millie enjoys her fresh food more now that she has a mate who will eat anything... like my hubbie
Sensfan is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 08:39 PM
 
love4liltweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverLove View Post
I posted this on TB, but I thought I'd share it with you guys too!

I made Cutie up a mix of cut up bananas and grapes today, and put them in her treat dish. Iím attempting to trick her into eating fruits and veggies by putting them in there, but so far it hasnít been working. I know that she does like grapes, but I still crushed up some Avi-Cakes for her on top.

Apparently this doesnít meet her high standards. Sheís taken to grabbing the perch part of the dish, pulling it towards her, and then letting it fall back and hit the cage bars. Thatís her way of telling me the dish is empty, or now, that she doesnít like whatís inside.
They can be so picky, can't they? One of my budgies Cricket will try anything and MJ acts likes she's gonna eat it but just drops it.

Now my 'tiels will eat just about anything. If they try it and sling it I know they really don't like it.

love4liltweets is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 PM
 
love4liltweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: US
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensfan View Post
Too cute but I'm sure annoying. I found that Millie enjoys her fresh food more now that she has a mate who will eat anything... like my hubbie

Wish mine would eat like my hubby!

love4liltweets is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 01:34 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Thats so cute!
berrykamy is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Melinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
She has a very smart way to let you know what she wants or doesn't want. Have you tried having her sit with you and eat with you? Sometimes my birds don't want to try a new fruit or veggie, so I have them watch me eat it. Of course I tell them how wonderful it is! They will usually at least try it after they see me eat it.
Melinda is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 03:49 PM
 
AngelWings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
That is so cute!
She really is a little princess isn't she

They may not be your whole world but they do make your world whole

Thanks Caroline for the super adorable siggy!
Coacoa Kara Kiki
AngelWings is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Nancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4liltweets View Post
Wish mine would eat like my hubby!
Wish my hubby would est like my birds.
Nancy is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
 
EverLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
She has a very smart way to let you know what she wants or doesn't want. Have you tried having her sit with you and eat with you? Sometimes my birds don't want to try a new fruit or veggie, so I have them watch me eat it. Of course I tell them how wonderful it is! They will usually at least try it after they see me eat it.
I ate the rest of the banana in front of her, but I don't think she got it

R.I.P. M&M
EverLove is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Talk Parrots Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome