zupreem pellets - Talk Parrots Forums

Parrot Nutrition, Diet and Feeding Discuss parrot nutrition, diets, foods and feeding.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lower AL
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
zupreem pellets

Zupreem has a few different kinds of pellets, which is best?

natural
fruitblend
nutblend
veggieblend

I would guess natural but I don't know much about the other kinds.
Jake is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
 
Rossco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dundee, Scotand
Age: 38
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
   
I use the fruit blend as a morning feed and the natural as an evening feed. The nutblend and veggie blend is the new range but the veggie and the natural are much the same. HTH

Check out my website for great deals on all things parrot'y!!www.rosscosparrotproducts.co.uk
And
"Like me" on Facebook too!!
Rossco is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 05:14 PM
 
AnimalLuver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 1,220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 18
             
I use a bit more then half of fruitblend and the rest is a mix of seeds I've heard that natural blend is a lot healthier - but it depends on the bird you have

Missing you always


AnimalLuver is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 06:08 PM



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
My birds like fruitblend

- Alexandrine parakeets Holly, George, Koda & - Crimson rosella Kasumi Orange winged Amazon parrot Paulie
catalinadee is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 09:28 PM


 
ShannonH1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 35
Posts: 2,479
Thanks: 28
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 23
               
I bought both fruit blend and the natural blend, but none of my budgies will eat it.
ShannonH1984 is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM
 
Bobioden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 15
         
I use Roudybush Crumbles. Maxx loves them.



Bobioden is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 09:09 AM
 
Abby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 5,750
Thanks: 734
Thanked 474 Times in 379 Posts
Rep Power: 42
                     
I use Harrison's so I'm not sure...I would agree, natural sounds like it would be the best. Maybe a variety? Check out the nutrition for them all.




DIGBY 4-year-old male Congo African Grey
Abby is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:13 AM
 
ashleyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
I use both, I put roughly 75% natural and 25% fruit blend, but I find both my guys will push the food around and eat mainly the fruit blend (can't blame them really) I also throw about 4 nutri berries in with there bowls of food.
ashleyg is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 AM
 
Abby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 5,750
Thanks: 734
Thanked 474 Times in 379 Posts
Rep Power: 42
                     
Nice post, Ashley.




DIGBY 4-year-old male Congo African Grey
Abby is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 10:55 AM


 
jodeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arnold, MO
Age: 74
Posts: 1,997
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 30
                     
I think the natural version would be the best. All 3 of my birds eat Roudybush pellets -- crumbles for my GCC and Parrotlet, and medium for my Hahns Macaw. They get other frest foods as well, but the pellets are always available.

JoAnne, Libby (2/10),Angelina (12/07), and Charley (11/10)
Also owned by Essie,Minnie & Oscar
jodeg is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
 
ashleyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
thank you Abby, getting the hang of things haha
ashleyg is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 PM


 
ShannonH1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 35
Posts: 2,479
Thanks: 28
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 23
               
Natural is better from the stand point that it does not have dyes in it. The big difference is that the natural one is vegetables and the fruit is well fruit. I bought some of both for my keets, but they won't eat it so I'm going to give it to my teils. I feed kaytee Fiesta Max food, its a blend of seed, fruits, veggies, pellets and other things and my birds are doing really well on it.
ShannonH1984 is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 PM
 
CupcakeBudgies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
My budgies love fruitblend, plus it smells good, like fruit But I don't like mixing pellets and seed because the birds will sort out the seed and not even touch the pellets lol

Little Green Bird, Shiki!


Little White Bird, Rikku!

I love them!
CupcakeBudgies is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:26 PM


 
Lovebirdlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta,Canada
Age: 24
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 81
Thanked 87 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 24
                 
i use fruit blend about 90% and seeds the other 10% she also gets fresh veggies and fruit dailey

i just dont think ice would eat natural.. she is pickey


Icicis- Green cheek conure
Shaylee- Bichon Frise
Lovebirdlover is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:31 PM
 
CupcakeBudgies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebirdlover View Post
i use fruit blend about 90% and seeds the other 10% she also gets fresh veggies and fruit dailey

i just dont think ice would eat natural.. she is pickey
My budgies are fatties, they pick out the seeds only But I sub out the seeds for a few hours with a crushed hard boiled egg, they love it! Lots of protein and calcium (from the eggshell)

Little Green Bird, Shiki!


Little White Bird, Rikku!

I love them!
CupcakeBudgies is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM


 
Lovebirdlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Alberta,Canada
Age: 24
Posts: 2,188
Thanks: 81
Thanked 87 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 24
                 
ooh i havnt tried eggs yet ill have to do that for tommorow mornings breakfast


Icicis- Green cheek conure
Shaylee- Bichon Frise
Lovebirdlover is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:34 PM
 
CupcakeBudgies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
It's good for them. I add broccoli and shredded carrots and a tiny bit of seed to make my own egg food. But take it out after a few hours, then it goes bad.

Little Green Bird, Shiki!


Little White Bird, Rikku!

I love them!
CupcakeBudgies is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lower AL
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
I want to try the eggs sometime soon. I also use the fruitblend and I dont like to mix it with the seeds either. I really dont know if they eat the pellets but I think they do sometimes.



Plus 2 guinea pigs and a lot of chickens
Jake is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM
 
CupcakeBudgies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
 
Well it's good to add a little bit more pellet to their dish everyday until they get used to the change. ( Switching cold turkey is bad for birds) I think any budgie would like egg, just put some in a small dish and watch them peck at it.

Little Green Bird, Shiki!


Little White Bird, Rikku!

I love them!
CupcakeBudgies is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Jake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lower AL
Posts: 177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
Oh no I havent just switched to pellets they still get seeds, but I have the pellets in a seperate dish and they are in it sometimes. I know they have to be eating the pellets because theres nothing else in there.



Plus 2 guinea pigs and a lot of chickens
Jake is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Talk Parrots Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome