I decided to share with you guys a super easy recipe I use for my birdies which the majority enjoy. There are different ways of doing it for larger birds, but this is mostly for finches, canaries, budgies, cockatiels, lovebirds, parrotlets and you get the idea! Well, here goes!
1. Get a small pan and fill it with warm water, place on the hob and bring to boiling
2. Place the desired amount of eggs in the pan and boil for roughly 20 minutes minimum. I make sure that the eggs are more than thoroughly cooked through
3. Using a mortar and pestle, crush the egg (including the shell)
until it looks like this
4. add already chopped up fruit and veggies of your choice (I used cucumber here) and mix in
5. add your choice of herbs (herbs do wonders for birds) to the mix. Here I used oregano, thyme and basil. Mix well
All you have to do then is serve! Make sure the mix is cooled a little before you serve. I then store it in a container in the fridge for use over the next few days! My birdies love it, I hope yours do too