Okay so I have started making a new meal and my birds absolutely LOVE it so I thought I would share it with ya'll!
Ingredients I used:
Whole grain rice
Fresh herbs (in this I used basil and thyme)
Pellets (or seed mix, which ever you use)
Cayenne pepper powder
Frozen mixed veg (carrots, peas and corn)
How to make it!
1. Bring your water to boiling and add in the rice and lentils (as much as you need)
2. While the rice n lentils are cooking (which takes approx. 20 mins), start preparing all your other things.
Do the veg at the same time to give it chance to cool down. I pop mine in the microwave and just follow the instructions
I also did my herbs while I was waiting too
I use scissors to cut them up smaller, so much less time than using a knife!
Your veg will most likely be done way before you have finished with the rice so get it out and let it cool. Drain the water from it.
and empty it into a seperate bowl
3. Once the rice and lentils are finished cooking, drain them!
4. By now you'd of popped your rice into a container or bowl or whatever you're using, so now you can cook your kidney beans. DO NOT BOIL THEM!!!
Have the heat on low and cook for about 5 minutes
5. Add everything into one big bowl/container/whatever (including the cayenne pepper, pellets (or seeds), ground chillis and hemp seeds)
and don't forget the kidney beans
6. Mix EVERYTHING!!! in and look at the lovely meal you just made (it looks good enough for myself, but sadly I don't think pellets taste brilliant...)