Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner

2020 Complain and Nag About Your Weather!

32K views 402 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr Peepers 
#1 ·
Ah ... here we are a spanking brand NEW YEAR and horrible and somewhat nice weather to make our lives miserable or happy depending on how you look at it. Let's get into 2020 and complain a little that its -2C on New Years Day/Night but it feels like -6C ... its all okay. There was no rain and snow last night on the eve and the roads were clear and dry so traveling was easy.

Today was bright and sunny even though it was cold ... and really nothing was open so there was no reason to wander around out there. So New Years January 1, 2020 has started out okay ... I won't nag or whine or complain too much about it.

Here's to ya! :cheers2:

#248 ·
WTHECK? 20C feels like 21C .... 64% hooooomidity. It's almost like yesterday weather just a little less hoooomid. It's suppose to get up to 26C which might feels like 31C later this afternoon but that's okay because its actually COLD at night.

WHO KNEW? I am really enjoying these days and evenings lately and hope this is the slight decline into Autumn that I love. I KNOW I KNOW ... too soon for most of you sun heat loving people but really .... high heat where there is a heat alert to stay inside is nobody's type of fun. I'm glad that hell seems to be over lately.

Enjoy your weather where ever you may be.............. :biggrin5:

#249 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes, I'm enjoying the pre-autumnal weather, as well! It's delightful to be able to type at my laptop, without being sticky all over. After all, we ladies are meant to glow, not perspire. :wink2:

Sure ... ladies never sweat or drip or burp or belch or fart or swear or curse like truck drivers.

CLASSY THINGS THEM LADIES IS! :lol:

Reactions: Mr Peepers
#250 ·
23C feels like 27C hoooooomidity at 65% so its a little muggy and its going to rain. There is blue sky now but the clouds wayyyyyyyyyyyy far off are looking grayish and heading my way.

I don't mind. We still need the rain. I want to buy more corn on the cob grown in Ontario that costs less then .15 cents a cob.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY !

#251 ·
28C feels like 35C .... hooooooooooooooooomidity in the 58% range. It's hot ... not too horrible but should get a lot worse as the day goes. It's sunny and there is not a cloud in the sky and the sky is blue but sort of hazy. It's gonna be one of them days. Hot horrible and yucky.

I am going to do nothin. Maybe read a book ... in the cool of my air conditioning. I think that sounds like a good idea. Yes indeedy do!

#252 ·
28C feels like 34C with hooooooooooooooomidity in the 55% range. It's gonna be a horribly hot sticky hoooooooomid day today and it feels UGH already. We have a heat warning for today ... I'm hoping for rain tomorrow which they are calling for but only 40% which is a bit of a lark.

WE NEED RAIN .... and SNOW ... but I will settle for some nice cool refreshing rain.

#253 ·
21C feels like 25C ... not really. It feels like 30 something because the hoooooooooooomodity is 94%. UGH .... its sunny and a little overcast at the same time and did I mention its HOOOOOOOOOOMID? I did ... well it is. UGH .... we are suppose to get some rain by 1pm today but I will believe it when and IF I see it because the weather people call for it and it never happens. I am at a loss.

Friends in London Ontario say they are suppose to have sunny sky's and no rain all day and they end up with downpours that last for hours and flood them out. I am always surprised at what we get here .... and what we don't get despite the predictions. Seriously ... we need rain. The Niagara Fruit belt which gives us a ton of fresh fruits and veggies and a ton of bird seed and millet is dry as crap ... they all have sprinklers to water their fields but there is nothing like some good ole rain to make everything grow better. I feel for the farmers .... 2020 has been a crap shoot for them. A bad crap shoot.

I need coffee .... Have a good Monday!

#254 ·
24C feels like 31C ... hooooooooooooooooomidity in the 78% and will probably get hotter and more hooooomid later. It rained last night. It POURED ... it came down like nobody's business. It's overcast and looking like there will be more rain in a bit ... there may be a million gazillion clouds out there but they are gray and ugly. Sigh ... I won't complain. We need the rain.

Dealing with it ...................

#255 ·
18C feels like 18C ... NOT ... it was a lot more hoooomid an hour ago at 88% ... now its 73% but there isn't a breeze at all and its getting overcast as they are calling for rain in the lunch time frame and so its looking a little drab and dull and grayish out there.

I am expecting a delivery today of a lovely new recliner that rocks and rolls from side to side. I thought Banana would love to sit on me while I rock in my new chair and we look out the deck doors at the rain falling down. She can christian the chair with her little Banana poops.

Oh Happy Day ... me? I will sleep in my new chair with Banana poop on my shirt. Sigh .... ;)

#256 ·
25C feels like 34C ... NOT ... hoomidity is up there at 80% and its going to rain a little later this afternoon. I am happy there is a breeze ... not so much as a breeze but a buncha GUSTY'S at 39 mph. So my lovely hair gets blewed all to heck when I tried to sit outside and drink my morning BREW ... coffee that is.

The sky looks bluish ... or gray blue and there are hardly any clouds. It's coffee time so I'm outtttta here.

#257 ·
21C feels like 24C ... LIES .... the hooooomidity is 80% and I feel like I'm melting. There is a breeze but its muggy and hottish and I ain't happy about it. It's overcast and cloudy with gray sky's and a strong chance of rain this afternoon and then again late tonight. BRING ON THE SNOW .....

I cannot believe its almost September .... where has the time gone? Stupid covid 2020 year has dragged on and yet its zooming by quickly at the same time. Sigh ..... oh sigh.

#258 ·
26C feels like 33C hooooooomidity is low at 64% so I am okay with that .... but the wind. WOOOOSH ... its so dang windy out I had to close my windows as the soil in a bunch of my houseplants was blowing everywhere. Poor little plants being robbed of their soil and nutrients.

We were in a severe thunder lightning storm watch all last night which was suppose to continue all day today but it didn't happen. I sat outside with a friend and watched the crazy's on the street. It rained for all of 3 minutes and then that was it ... no thunder, no lightning, no muss no fuss. It was .... hmmm.

Lotsa bright blue sky's and clouds out there blowing in the breeze .... I think I will have a brew and enjoy sitting on the deck for a bit.

#259 ·
18C feels like 18C ... hooooooooomidity at 65% and there is a nice cool breeze. Its sunny with blue skies and a ton of fluffy white clouds all over the place. Its a perfectly cool comfy day so I will not nag or whine.

Gonna go drink coffee on the deck and watch the boids do their thing as they annoy the squirrels.

#260 ·
15C feels like 15C - WRONG .... hooooooooooomidity is 88% so it doesn't feel like 15C here. It's sunny out there and the sky is blue and the clouds are odd. They look like wispy things ... large white faint wispy things that don't cover the blue sky. There is an odd patch here or there ... its nice to look at. Not normal ... but is anything normal in 2020?

I THINK NOT .....

Have yourself a lovely Monday ! :biggrin5:

#261 ·
Summer .... is BACK ... its 26C feels like 33C and the hoomidity is 65% so its not so bad out there and to make it even better there is a lovely breeze in that bright blue sky with a gazillion fluffy white clouds. A poifect day!

I am doing nothing on this first day of September. I still can't get over that its September. What a screwed up year!

I would have been on Vacation last month but covid kicked that plan to the curb .... I don't mind. I can sit home drink something icy cold or eat a beersicle and pretend I'm in Quebec at a chalet or cottage. Pretend .... beersicles help you pretend realllllly realllly good!

#262 ·
What the???????

14C feels like 14C NOT .... hooooooooooomidity is 94%. What a weird morning today. It rained for 5 minutes yesterday morning and then gave me gray skys and clouds all day with high humidity and misery in my joints and bones. YUCK

Its overcast and gray sky's now so more rain is due today ... I will deal with it. I will crank the air conditioning and try to ignore the hoooooooomidity that will increase. Dang.

#263 ·
It's 19C ... feels like 10C ... seriously its chilly as heck here and the Weather Network says it feels like 19C ... but there is frost on da punkin and its cold. I don't mind ... this is the type of weather that makes me feel alive and happy happy! The hoooomidity is 60% and the weekend is suppose to be pretty much the same as today.

SIGH ... I AM HAPPY!

#264 ·
17C feels like 17C .... hooooomidity at 59% ... its sunny-ish, a few overcast clouds but no rain predicted. There is a blue sky under all the white and overcast clouds so I will hope we have another perfect day. I'm off to buy something to throw on the barby this evening for dinner and top up the brew supply ... its a long weekend here in the city so I must be prepared.

ENJOY yer weather hopefully its lovely where you are as well.

#265 ·
Oh Oh !

10C feels like 9C ... hooooooooomidity 100% .... WHAT THE HECK?

It's sunny out but its not going to last as showers are predicted later today ... it's suppose to rain all day tomorrow and Tuesday as well. So much for the Labor Day weekend,

Sigh ...... Winter is Coming.

#266 ·
21C feels like 24C hooooooooooooooooooooomidity at 78% and boy did we have a whopper of a storm in the wee hours of this morning. Things got blewed allllll over the back yard. I must go a do damage surveillance but I don't want to go out in the windy blech blowy still spitting back 40. I will wait ....

At least we got some rain. They've been calling for this forever but NOTHIN .... I feel better seeing the lawns gardens and things all soaked even if it is a little too late.

Oh well ...

#267 ·
16C feels like 16C .... hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooomidity at 82% .... I am sweaty. YUCK ... well some of the kids are back to school today. YAY because they will be going to bed earlier now and not screaming in the yard next to mine. NAY because of Covid and the scare of kids getting ill.

I am hoping all will be okay.

Its a gray ugly hoooooooooomid day with rain forecast-ed for most of the day and night. I don't care ... I'll be workin from home as usual. With my never ending supply of beersicles and dark coffee mug that holds a full bottle of beer nicely .... nobody knows a thing while we chat online with head office. Until I burp and the bird falls over from the fumes. ;)

#268 ·
17C feels like 17C ... which is a lie because the HOOOOOOOOOMIDITY is 100% ..... its foggy here and gray and ugly and I expect rain but it may not happen. In the meantime its muggy and MEH.

Autumn is here .... trees are changing color way too fast for my liking but I can't do anything about that. I can only whine and nag. I'm good at that!

#269 ·
18C feels like 18C ... or less and the hoooooooooooooooooomidity is 94% .... its been oddly foggy as all heck and I expect Jack da Ripper to strike soon as its pea soup thick english type fog around here lately. It's soggy hoooooomid because of this and I have enjoyed the coldness of it as I opened all the windows and patio/deck doors and let the cool seep in the house.

It's fresh .... and damn creepy! I LIKE IT!

#270 ·
14C ... feels like 13C or LESS ... its cold and I like it. The relative hooooooooooomidity is in the 80% area and its drippy sweaty yucky here. Also ... its GRAY DARK AND DEPRESSING with more fog and clouds and no sun like FOREVER. It's a little depressing lately with the darkness during the day and no rain to show for it. It's also MIDGES season and I am fair game so they are swarming me and my home and making meals of me like I'm a lovely buffet despite Buffets being canceled due to COVID.

So .... here I sit in the hooooooomidity of graydom wincing and itchy at the gazillions of buggy bites and I hope and pray the weather network isn't lying when they say we will have sunshine this afternoon. BRING IT .... kill the damn bugs off and bring the light they so desperately want. Light and my blood.

#271 ·
14C ... feels like 13C or LESS ... its cold and I like it. The relative hooooooooooomidity is in the 80% area and its drippy sweaty yucky here. Also ... its GRAY DARK A ND DEPRESSING with more fog and clouds and no sun like FOREVER. It's a little depressing lately with the darkness during the day and no rain to show for it. It's also MIDGES season and I am fair game so they are swarming me and my home and making meals of me like I'm a lovely buffet despite Buffets being canceled due to COVID.

So .... here I sit in the hooooooomidity of graydom wincing and itchy at the gazillions of buggy bites and I hope and pray the weather network isn't lying when they say we will have sunshine this afternoon. BRING IT .... kill the damn bugs off and bring the light they so desperately want. Light and my blood.

I read an article that buggies like solitary adults [ie, sitting in lawn chairs] with a little bit of bulk on them -- especially those who indulge in beer-drinking. Mind you, this article was targeting mosquitoes, but I'm sure this theory could also apply to midges.

Yesterday I went on a 1/2 hour road trip to see my Dentist to re-apply a crown to a lower molar, and although the sky and the St. Lawrence River were stone-silver grey, it was a beautiful sight and it didn't rain. My mouth is less sensitive today [thank goodness!] and J. has been feeding me egg salad sandwiches on white bread with the crusts cut off [and the crusts go to the backyard birds and squirrels] so we all have been very content, here.❤️

Reactions: Mr Peepers
#273 ·
14C feels like 13C not .... it feels much warmer today because the sun is shining. HOOOOOOOOMIDITY is 72%.

The sky is blue there are white wispy clouds and I feel like I am alive because it was so gloomy since Monday's holiday and the rain and the dark clouds hovering over us. A neighbor said it was an OMEN of the coming school year us starting the school week off in dark ominous cloud cover. This neighbor needs to chill out and maybe start drinking so they don't get everyone else around here in a panic.

I am hoping the kids will be safe back to school .... I know Doug Ford will step up and yank them all out of school should anything bad happen. I am not the greatest fan of Mr. Ford and his policy's and history in the Ontario and Toronto government but I am totally surprised at how he handled the pandemic and how he stepped up to the plate when we needed him. He has shown he has compassion and it is possible to be a decent human being during this trying time.

Let's hope the kids will be okay as long as they can. :)

#274 ·
20C feels like 22C .... hooomidity 94% and its RAININ!

It's kinda windy and its dark and gray and not much more I can say about what we should see alllllll day and into the night. It's a little late for the rainy season to start. We needed this back June July & August for the farmers in the fruity belt to make a go of it but better late then never I suppose.

I suppose ... sort of maybe. NO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.