Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Such a pretty, pretty bird...

6K views 60 replies 11 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
That is what Cinnamon sings when she and Charlie do the :lovehearts:tango. Now we have two little eggs and more on the way I am sure. She layed the first one on the grate and it did not break. So we got a nest box and put it in. she found it and added another this morning. Their first clutch, and they are very calm about it:thumbsup:. I have moved the box and looked inside and they are not bothered at all. Our granddaughter turns seven on Friday and she is enjoying the event! I will try to keep this updated as we go. I have one pic:photo:, but its just an egg so no biggie. We were taken by surprise, but hey whats several more!:yikes:

#28 ·
I have been helping feed the youngest baby, who was four days behind the first guy. He is also the only one with pink eyes,a lutino. I checked this morning and they all had empty crops, but the parents are stuffing themselves for the morning feed so I haven't done a feeding yet.

#32 ·
We cleaned out the box and cage today and took pics of the babies. I also fed them this morning. Mom and dad didn't mind, they went out to breakfast in another cage! So here are a few pics. The oldest is three weeks tomorrow and the youngest will be three weeks next Tuesday. We only took pics of two biguns, they were so active. Ok there is one of a smaller baby included.

Attachments

#33 ·
I just checked the babies before covering their cage and the bubs are plum chuck full! Parents did a good job this evening. Those birds will be bigger in the morning! Here is a pic of the parents. Mom is the yellow cinnie, her name is Cinnamon, and dad is the white face, name of Charlie. She is tame and he is not. She was more tame before meeting Charlie.

Attachments

#34 ·
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. Charlie is really gorgeous. Well they all are, but I really like the look of Charlie :giggle:

#42 ·
I had the babies out for some people time today and got this cool video of mom and dad hanging out and feeding their babies right next to me. io was amazed they were not afraid to come down to the carpet and see what we were doing. We had a nice time. when I got up once to get more seed the littlest followed me. I felt special! Enjoy!

Well phooey, I am getting a message I am missing a security certifacate. So.any one know something about uploading videos I don't?

#44 ·
I sent admin an e mail about problems with posting a video and still have not heard any reply...............
So here are pics we took today.

Anyone in the greater Portland metro area like them enough to want a tame baby send my a message.

Attachments

#48 ·
Yes we are keeping the lutino! We don't see many around here, plus it was the last born, and I fed the little darling so it could keep up with the others. My grand daughter has named her Honeysuckle. We want to find homes for the others, but will keep them if no takers. We don't have room for more cages, but they can bunk in other cages with my other cockatiels, or with our bourke.
Here is todays batch of pictures.

Attachments

#49 ·
awwwh they look so lovely! It's great that you're keeping her, and Honeysuckle is such a beautiful name

#50 ·
I just realized I haven't posted in a week. How fast they grow. I took the nest box out today, and they are all testing perches and flapping wings. They are all eating some seed and whole food so we are happy with the results. Charlie and Cinnamon are good first time parents, they relly worked hard to feed four mouths. I took some pictures this morning. A little yellow from the flash, but not bad pics.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.