i have made another play gym for the fids! and i took pictures along the way so i can share it with everyone
i only have triangles for mine, but you can make one with 4+ sides and use the same technique.
1. cut appropriate sized branches, or buy wood dowels. please get various sized dowels if you use dowels, and clean branches if you use branches. i cut mine into 1 food lengths. drill a hole on either end, the holes on mine are 1" from the end, but you can always change that.
2. i made 4" of space in between levels, and i cut the rope to 30". i use Paracord. again, you can cut the rope longer if you want more levels.
knot the rope at the end and put one rope on one end of each of the first 3 sticks. then take the end of the rope and put it through another stick at the end, like it is in the picture.
3. let the sticks drop. one end of the stick should be on top of the other and the other end should be below another stick.
knot the rope at the height that you want the levels to be at. i knotted mine at 4"
4. repeat step 2 with putting the rope through one end of one stick and the other end of another stick. shown in pic. you will repeat this for the 3rd level (and any additional levels)
5. it should be all together now! this was mine lying on the floor…
6. you might notice that if you hold it up, it is hard to keep level. what i did is i put all of the ends of rope together (the were still the same length) and then i made a big knot. it then was even. hanging from the ceiling:
leon checking out the mirror
i was going to switch it our with the other hanging gym, but i decided not to. it will take the place of Butch's cage when the birds are out. i don't think they will mind flying to it
(leon is still sitting on it!)