Can you please post the climbing net? I'm sure my budgies will love it, they have hemp toys in their cage and they climb them all the time
1. Start off my measuring how long you want the rope to be. Then fold it over and double the length (add a little extra for the starting loop or hanging).
2. Unfold the first string and measure a second string that is 4x that length.
(this uses a LOT more hemp than you would think!)
find the very center of each rope so the ends are even and tie a loop or make a slip knot around a dowel as u can see in one of my rope net pics.
3. The two shorter strings which should be the length you want the end product to be will ALWAYS be the two center strings.
4. fold the left string over the center two
5. pull the right string over top the left one that you crossed over the center two
6. continue to pull the right string under the two center strings and up through the loop you created.
7. then pull tight. it helps to have the loop anchored to something and I usually will hold the middle short ones with my teeth.. its the easiest way I have found.
continue these steps over and over and the rope will get longer and twist on its own!
if you want it straight and not twisted you alternate the side you start with and do the opposite. you can add beads on the center two and they will be in the center of the braid. for my climbing net where they ropes intersect I would just put the two left two strings (one short one long) behind the finished rope its intersecting with and the right two strings over and keep braiding.
Hope this helped!!! let me know if you need any clarification. once you get the hang of it its really fast. the way its tied is literally the same way you start tying your shoes but with two strings going though the pretzel shaped tie!!
I just hook it to the ceiling and then top of the cage.. you can attach bells or what ever toys they love!!