Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My african grey is flapping crazy - video

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MissyBird 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Cute! I've seen many birds who can fly do it. Birds of prey especially do it a lot. She's so fun :D Is she doing it on command?

Reactions: tippa
#6 · (Edited)
She does understand me when I tell her to fly :). When I say to her "wow, that is beautiful!" she gets even more crazy, haha.

To be honest - any ordinary house birdroom is never going to be big enough for a grey to fly in - they need a room at least the size of a tennis court to be able to fly comfortably. flapping her wings like mad and gripping on to my finger for support is the next best thing to flying :).

#8 ·
Well, I guess it depends on the individual gray because mine live in a regular size room and fly around it all the time, especially the timneh which also flies out the room, down the stairs, through the living room and into the dining room looking for my husband and, when she doesn't find him, comes back to perch on the stairs banister and, when I say: "Pookey, shoop shoop!" from the second floor she flies up the stairs to perch on my head so I can walk her back into the birdroom.

#11 ·
:smilielol5: Who needs a fan when you've got this lovely African grey to cool you with her wings?

Reactions: tippa
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.