Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

guess the greys on hold, guys Ive bought a parrot oops

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Rainbow*Russ 
#1 · (Edited)
well I have a wrought iron cage in the basement not in use and Ive accidently bought a blue throated conure, hes the most gorgeous thing ive ever seen, Im in love with him even Russ likes him I was having coffee with my breeder and she showed me him and we just took to eachother extremely well and Ive decided to take him hes coming home with me next month when I get the rest of the money I dont have a picture cause Im using my phone, but guess I gotta put wether Ill get a grey or not on hold, but I am so in love

#6 · (Edited)

Pictures borrowed form google for reference not
intended as copyright

Ohh that too bad the breeders are so far away :( I guess I never realized that is pretty lucky. And yeah Im excited to spend time with him though my dads gonna kick my butt when he finds this bird hahaha no buying any goodies for meself this month, I was supposed to get a car this month but I cant explain I just got this overwelming urge that I had to be his birdie mama and Russ and him met and got along :D yay. Well everyones gonna kill me for not getting a car and such but I do not care I love this bird---- Ive named him Blue like in Rio XD. Im taking away my debit card so I cant buy anything I dont need to lol

And I KNOW arent they gorgeous?lol Im like high as a kit on bird excitement right now . BTW this isnt him but what he is in the pics.

#8 · (Edited)
Yeah hes gorgeous! And I know lol gonna grab some toys at my work tomorrow lucky I already have his food he eats what Russ and the tiels eat, hes actually a bit bigger then Russ, after this its save save save for my car, but my breeder told me not to really worry bout the money for now, so thats nice of her. When I saw him music was playing and he started dancing all over like a crazy bird soooo funny, Ill hafta quarantine him in my room for a month. after I get him to, boo I hate quarantine even though it must be done. This is my last bird for a long time till and if I get my grey, and if I do get the grey thatll be like my last bird period . Apparently the blue throats are alot quieter then the suns,

ohhhhh and Russ saw an umbrella cockatoo today and I think his eyes nearly popped out of his head hahahes never seen a bird so big

#11 ·
LOL I am and I agree I think it would be nice for Russ to have a playmate he gets along well with the tiels(lol Dolly always steals food from him), Im a bit stressed because theres alot to do in preperation and this is going to set my car back a bit but I really fell in love with him and there very rare so I might not see one again, I wish I could bring him home now :yesnod:

And yeah blahh it means the cats will be kicked outta my room for a month there not gonna be happy bout that :p

#13 · (Edited)
I do agree, the problem is one of my jobs is a 30 minute drive away because we moved so my boss wants me to get a car so I can work more and my dad does because I come with him because our works are very close, but one morning we have to leave at 6 cause I work at 7 and he doesnt like that lol.

Ohh well maybe I can pick up some odd job :p ahhh wonder hell be like, him and Russ will make for some pretty pictures together. I think the bar spacing is too big on that cage down stairs. It was one the cockatiels old cage and the bar spacing was an inch but the teils are out most of the time anyways and they never try to escape or squeeze through the bars so Ill switch that cage down stairs for their cage. The teils and the budgies are out most of the time but Russ and Delilah hafta stay caged while Im gone cause I worry about them, Delilah's just got her flight back and Russ would tear the room to pieces :giggle:

#15 ·
oh my goodness I'm so happy for you, how random! I LOVE blue throated conures, I saw one my self today and had to resist buying it. Sadly at the moment I have nowhere to put it, what with my aviaries and bird room full at the moment but sooner or later it shall be cleaned out and sorted! Hehe. I ALMOST did buy it though

any thoughts on names yet?

#16 · (Edited)
Yeppers Ive named him Blue like on Rio lol, and thats really funny you saw one because there pretty rare. Ahh I cant wait to bring him home Im gonna have to buy a new HQ cage for him. Part of the appeal to me is that there head reminds me a bit of a hawk headed :biggrin5:

THanks Gianna me too lol I want him now

MY dads really gonna kill me lol when he finds out but hell get used to it, hahaha Ill just pretent its Russ at first

#17 ·
Jessie,
Are the blue throats bigger than the black caps? I thought you had a black cap before, so that is why I asked. I thought suns were quite a bit bigger than black caps, so I'm just wondering how big the blue throats are. I've never seen one in person. They are beautiful. There is a gal on the linnie forum who has one. She is also in Canada. I think perhaps that is a bird that is available in Canada but not in the USA.
Congratulations! He is gorgeous. Sometimes, when you just fall in love like that, you have to go for it. You can't go wrong when it is love at first sight like that.

#18 · (Edited)
Yep hes is bigger nanay, Bianca was about 8-9inches she was smaller then a green cheek ;) But hes 12 inches, he looks to be the same size as Russ maybe even a touch bigger but there almost identical in size which will be good if I can get them to be friends(during supervised play time) because of how rough conures can play, my other favourite is the Painted conure and the white eared conure , Im very excited to bring him home, He seems very different then other conures more of a show off haha.

Do you know who the girl on the linnie forum is I would like to talk to her

#19 ·
All I can say is, I'm glad they are not available in the USA or I would be dreaming about getting one.

I'm trying to remember who has the blue throat. It might actually be someone on here instead of the linnie forum, but my first thought is that it is the linnie forum.

Why don't you start a thread on both forums with blue throat conure in the title. I think that might bring the owner out of the woodwork.

#21 ·
I was going to say I knew somebody on here had one already but I guess you found out! I knew she posted some threads with pictures in too, it would pay to have a quick look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.