Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor Maxi

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
I have really sad news guys. Maxi (aka Juggers) our Eurasian eagle owl died last week on Tuesday.

My uncle had not been able to get in touch with me as I was refusing to pick up unknown calls on my mobile as somebody had been prank calling me for days so he never managed to get hold of me to tell me. I felt really bad.

Apparently she'd been looking very lethargic for days and she wasn't moving much. She spent a lot of time on the floor because she seemed to not be able to get off the floor. The only problem is we never saw a vet because owls often go into egg lethargy, and you can't tell whether they're ill or just going to lay an egg. But she was very sick as we have found out and there was no sign of an egg.

She was only 9 years old. She was very big weighing in at almost 9lbs. That is huge considering my Harris' hawk only weighs 1.5/1.6lbs haha! She was meant to live for far longer. In the wild they generally live roughly 20 years but in captivity they should live anywhere up to 60. She had a 6 foot wingspan, making her far bigger than me lying down haha!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpayYRpctCE"]YouTube - ‪Eurasian eagle owl (only a quick look)‬‏[/nomedia]

there's a video for you of her as I don't have many pictures. She isn't pleased by being around cameras. Which suprises me as she is an ex display bird used in shows. She had to be taken off the team because she was so big and angry looking that she scared away the children :giggle:we loved her though.

that's all I have of her :( she will be very much so missed by all of the family

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry to hear this, Daisy.

#13 ·
Thanks for your kind words, she was something special haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.