Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilaya

7K views 56 replies 8 participants last post by  svetlak 
#1 ·
This is Kilaya, my 3 months old grey.

[nomedia="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3LayZHVCUQ"]Kilaya, African Grey 1st outdoor recall. - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvNoRZ1EUdE"]Kilaya, African Grey outdoor recall training - YouTube[/nomedia]

#4 ·
Awh lovely videos! Glad to see that you're working on outdoor recall. I think allowing birds to fly outside is wonderful :)

#14 ·
It's great that you're practising on coming down! A lot of people will recall train their birds and completely miss that out. Say they start free flying and the bird goes in to a tree, they've got absolutely no idea how to get out of it :rolleyes: I think it's essential! I taught my Alexandrine to descend and when he escaped he flew down in to somebodies garden as he saw them having some food and drink outside!

#16 ·
I was just testing him out and he did it for the 1st time. I was so proud of him.

I am now training him not to fly out of house just in case the door is opened by accident or I forget to close the door. My previous grey, Cocoa won't fly out of the house even I opened the door. When I came home, she would fly to the curtain, hanging there to greet me home. When I opened the door with her exposed to outside, she wouldn't take the opportunity to fly away. I hope Kilaya will do that too one day.

Glad that you found your Alex.

#17 ·
I'm sure she will pick up on that too, she is very clever from what it seems! And thank you :)

#22 ·
Oh my gosh that hoodie! Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking :D?

#25 ·
That's good! I do the same with my birds of prey. I start from the beginning. I give them a little whistle when they eat from me and then just extend that to when I want them to come to me. If they're up in the trees and I can't see them all too good they'll start to look for me!

#29 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.