Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgin's Worldly Cuisines, opinions.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Sally 
#1 ·
So with the most recent bird splurge, I finally decided to try out Higgin's Worldly Cuisines to see how the birds took to it. Decided on the Inca Bean Salad mix, so we'll see. Of course, its way more cost effective to make my own bean mixes, and I'll probably get into that if the birds are interested. This seemed like an easy way to try it. They currently get a nice variety of chopped veggies, sprouts daily, whole grains, etc etc more sparingly, and then herbs/sprouts in the aviary planters if they want.

I was wondering if any of you had ever tried this particular brand or mix with your birds, and how much would/should generally be given per bird in a day? Not sure how to make in the initial batch for three piggy conures and six picky 'tiels, to avoid waste until I can judge for myself how much to make for them. Pluuus the fact Pan likes to use his entire face as a shovel to throw things around. I'll be looking for more info anyways, just wanted your opinions. :)

And in the same healthy food vein since I haven't shared photos in a while, heres a silly veggie toy I made earlier. He was trying to grab it from me before it was even tied on, little brat.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have never used that particular brand, however I used to use Beak Appitite before it went under. I now make my own. I feed about 1 tablespoon per bird, cockatiel size, conure size and parrotlet size. My budgies get about 1 teaspoon per bird. Any more and they let it sit and don't eat it.

#3 ·
I have purchased them before and the birds liked them. One small pack makes a lot and I just froze it in ice cube trays. Defrosting a few at a time in the fridge.

#4 ·
Probably along the same ingredient pool, even if a different brand. Thank you for the direction to take on portions, ParrotletsRock! :) Appreciate it.

Ooh, ice cube trays is a brilliant idea, never would have thought of that. Yeah, I read a few reviews from single parrot owners, the large types, that a 4 oz bag lasted awhile and the smallest size on the site I used was 13 oz. Not worried about going through it, lol, the conures are my (*bird safe only*) garbage disposals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.