Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tori no Iru Cafe: A cafe with parrots

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr Peepers 
#1 ·
An interesting cafe where you can visit with the owners various parrots.

At the door, you're handed a rule sheet in English and Japanese, asked to disinfect your hands, and advised to don a protective poncho before entering the parrot area. You'll also be warned to open the door to the parrot room very gently, and to walk in carefully so as not to step on any birds that might be on the floor.

Check the link for interesting pics.

http://animalcafes.com/v/25493.html

See less See more
#6 ·
I think animal cafes are a good idea providing that the animals are comfortable with it. What I don't like is this new owl cafe craze that seems to be hitting everywhere and I'm glad people are against it. I can imagine they would never be flown, they would be tethered at all times, they'd be pet constantly which would remove the oil from their feathers. Don't get me wrong, some owls may have to be tethered to have their aviaries cleaned out, I would do it with mine, but I can't bare seeing an owl that's lost all of the feathers on its legs because it's been tethered for long periods of time and the anklets have rubbed them away. Other raptors are fine, but owls really don't need it and I find it quite shameful when I see falconry centres doing it in this day and age when we know they can be flown straight out of an aviary

What I have yet to see is a reptile cafe!?

Reactions: Mr Peepers
#8 ·
Awesome! I found a few videos of them. To be honest, I don't know what the risks would be with salmonella n that haha!

Reactions: Mr Peepers
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.