Bandit finally has his own aviary - Talk Parrots Forums

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM Thread Starter



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Bandit finally has his own aviary

I felt sorry for the poor little fella having to sit on his perch in the house all day every day, with about half an hour of free flight outside. I thought it was time he became a man and got his outside pad

Front



Side



Little man inside



I need to add another perch or two but then that's it. Birds of prey do not live like parrots. They spend 99% of the day sitting perfectly still and the other 1% eating

Please also do not be worried about Chalkie (seen in the top left corner in the middle photo). He can see over Bandit's aviary and has his sides all mesh too. I know many people keeping raptors have them in mews with a bar window and that's it. I think his aviary is pretty nice (minus the fact the green paint has ran to the bottom hahaha! Just gotta repaint it to match Bandit's and the budgies aviary )

Thought I would share anyways!
catalinadee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Oni
 
Oni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North West, UK
Age: 33
Posts: 1,077
Thanks: 450
Thanked 311 Times in 215 Posts
Rep Power: 12
     
Awwww lil guy xxx

Some of the gang:


Hobby Breeding: lineolated parakeets
Oni is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Oni For This Useful Post:
catalinadee (06-14-2013)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Thanks Layla! So glad to see him having his own space
catalinadee is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:03 PM


 
Flapping Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,647
Thanks: 1,255
Thanked 933 Times in 718 Posts
Rep Power: 13
       
Little man got a beautiful aviary, did he already thank you?
Flapping Mama is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Bandit is very rude! He won't ever thank me for anything. Chalkie is the grateful one, Bandit is the more 'yeah okay' kinda one thank you!
catalinadee is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 05:30 PM
 
ollieandme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 367
Thanks: 187
Thanked 161 Times in 127 Posts
Rep Power: 7
 
Ain't that nice!! Lucky little Bandit

Ollie Finn
Bjorn Casper
Ivy Gwyn
ollieandme is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ollieandme For This Useful Post:
catalinadee (06-14-2013)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 06:16 PM
 
BirdCrazyJill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 921
Thanks: 12
Thanked 450 Times in 340 Posts
Rep Power: 9
   
what a gorgeous bird!!
BirdCrazyJill is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BirdCrazyJill For This Useful Post:
catalinadee (06-14-2013)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 PM Thread Starter



 
catalinadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 17,637
Thanks: 1,593
Thanked 2,007 Times in 1,575 Posts
Rep Power: 99
                     
Thank you I cannot wait to see him in his adult plumage
catalinadee is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Talk Parrots Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome