Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I got a job :d

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
I've not been well recently as I had kinda caught Rubella, not fun! But today I managed to venture out of my house to buy some rats for Chalkie and get a plec for my tank (which is now doing great by the way, I swapped my cold water for some tropicals and currently have a red finned shark, a bunch of zebra danio and a bunch of high-fin platy). The aquatics and falconry centre are right next door to each other which was good. I went and picked up my plec, and a new gravel cleaner from the aquatics and then went over to the falconry centre to get the food. The owner, John, came over to serve us and I got my rats. I then asked him if he knew any breeders of red-tailed hawks and he said he didn't but the centre breeds them, so I get my baby red-tailed hawk next August. It is a HUGE wait but SO worth it. I'll get to visit it and pick out the one that I want. I want a female though. I think I'm getting her for around £350 - £400 which isn't bad at all! I then told him about my college and he was like "oh no, don't tell me, you need work experience? I've denied EVERYBODY from Halesowen college because we simply don't do work experience" I was a bit gutted, but then he said "but I can make an exception for you because you already know your stuff and I know I can rely on you" and I was over the moon! I start in November :D I'm so happy! I got my bird on order AND I got a job! Wish me luck :p it's been my dream to work in a falconry centre :)

#6 ·
:congr8: I know you will do a great job.

#14 ·
Thank you so much guys! Everybody here is so supportive!

#16 ·
Thank you :D I don't think there are that many falconry centres or anything like that in the US and if there were I'd say they were a great distance apart :(

#18 ·
We have them quite a lot over here, thought not all of them are good. I think the best in the world has the be Jemima Parry-Jone's place, The International Centre for Birds of Prey :D google it, they're fantastic! You can follow her blog too, which is always a good read with gorgeous pictures :)

Reactions: Osprey
#20 ·
Her centre is fantastic as are her books. A little out dated now, but great nonetheless. She's helped me out with a lot of things and I've gotten tons of advice from her in the past. She also turns up every year to the falconry fair and gives some really great speeches and displays. I visit her centre twice a year usually. I'll have to get some good pictures when I go next :D and videos!

#22 ·
Haven't been there but I'm dying to go! I'd love to, I know some of the staff and they're lovely people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.