Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Quaker Parrot Droppings

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Chefbudgie 
#1 ·
My Quaker has green urine in his droppings & the urates are yellow, could this be because of stress or because of a liver related illness. I adopted him from a shelter on Saturday and a vet checked him out.

#3 ·
I wouldn't worry too much right now you've had him with you less than a week and you've been giving him a few new foods in his diets which will make the droppings loose or different colored. Try and stick to a steady diet of the same things daily so you can see what affect this will make over a few days.

I think he might be adjusting to everything new around him.

Active and talkative are good signs.

#6 ·
Are you feeding your budgies the exact same diet as Ollie? If no, then I'd not be worried.

I'd just keep watch to see if your budgie sits quietly and puffs itself up if its not active and tends to sleep more in the next few days and its keeping away from the other birds, this will show you the bird is sick and you need to take it to an avian and get it checked.

I don't rely completely on the look of my birds droppings to see if its sick there are other things to consider before I get concerned. :)

#8 ·
Did your vet just look at them or did they do a full blood work up? That's the only way you'll know what is underlying. Is your budgie near by the quaker? I just commented on another post about the tell tale sign of psittacosis can be lime green poops and now the budgie is beginning to have them I would find that even more concerning

#9 ·
My mom and I can't afford to take him to a vet.... It's $95 just for a checkup not including tax, clipping or trimming.
The budgies haven't gotten sick before so we don't have pet insurance either...
A vet checked him at the shelter though, and he doesn't show any signs of illness aside from the droppings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.