Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HARLEY'S feeling better! Let's Party!!

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jodeg 
#1 ·
Harley is doing SO much better! He'll be on antibiotics until this Saturday, but I haven't heard him "sniffle" (click) one time today!

PLUS, tomorrow, he'll be ONE YEAR OLD!! Here's some pics of my sweet Harley -

LET'S PARTY!

THE TREATS ARE ON ME!!

I'm SO happy he's doing better! :lovehearts:

See less See more
#4 ·
He must feel better to play like that. :bdaystring:, Harley

#5 · (Edited)
OH THAT POOR DEPRIVED BIRD. NOTHING TO PLAY WITH AND NO ONE TO LOVE HIM. LETS GO TO MISSIOURI AND RESCUE HARLEY. THAT IS THE MOST UNLOVED AND ABUSED BIRD I HAVE EVER SEEN!;)
i AM SOOOOOO HAPPY THAT HE IS DOING BETTER. I LOVE THE PIC OF HIM HANGING FROM ONE FOOT. LIKE I SAID MBS IS CALLING ME.....I THINK I REALLY NEED A HARLEY IN MY LIFE. FOR NOW I WILL LIVE VICARIOUSLY THRU JO ANNE! AND KEEP LOVING ON CRICKET. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANDSOME!

#7 · (Edited)
THANKS, everyone for your kind and sweet words! He partied most of the day today, but about 7:30 p.m., he was ready to go to sleep -- party hard, sleep hard!

More toys you say???? I do have three more bins fulls of toys for my babies -- I rotate their toys every couple of weeks -- wouldn't want them to get bored!!

Don't forget, I'm a founding member of Toyaholics Anonymous on Talk Parrotlets!!! :giggle:

#15 ·
ParrotletsRock - There's a thread about "Harley Goes to the Vet" -- I started posting about his new bird wellness visit, and later on in the thread I posted about him having to go back. He had sinusitus and is on antibiotics until Saturday. Apparently, if this isn't caught quickly, it can be life-threatening for a bird.

Anyway, he's doing much better! Right now, all three birds are foraging for air-popped popcorn and having a ball!

#16 ·
Ok.. I had read the first part of Harley goes to the vet and knew about his wellness check... I thought it went well if I remember correctly.. missed the part about his illness... so happy you caught it!! He sounds like a dream bird!! Is he as hyper as the conures?? My gcc is a NONstop energizer bunny kinda bird...lol. I was trying to teach him to dance last night by treating him everytime he head bobbed... when I wear out from the "lets go, let's go, LET'S GOOOO" personality of the conure, I put him back into his cage and get out the laid back " just give me hemp seeds and no one will get hurt" p'let...lol He is content to sit on my shoulder and eat a few seeds and preen... MUCH more relaxing!

#18 ·
ParrotletsRock - He's a wonderful bird for sure! I wouldn't call either Libby or Harley hyper, but they have similar personalities -- talkative, playful, affectionate and smart. They both have little spurts of vocalizing, but aren't noisy all the time. Harley will "call the flock" a couple of times a day, but it only lasts 30 seconds or so. They are really fun characters to have around! They are both clowny and playful birds.

At this point, I would have to say that Harley is more cuddly that Libby. Libby can be cuddly, but on her own terms -- sometimes yes, sometimes no. Also Harley is more content to play on a playstand for a longer period of time and not try to get down and get into trouble. Libby will stay on a playstand about 2 minutes before she wants to get down. So I guess Harley is more laid back than Libby.

Yes, Angelina (my P'let) is the most laid back of the three -- just content to sit on my shoulder and make little peep noises in my ear or rearrange my hair.

They all have different personalities, don't they? What fun!

#20 ·
My conure is GO GO GO all the time...he is a fun little bird but sometimes he tires me out... He is feeling better today than last night.. his toe was sore and he kept holding it up to his chest... every time he did that my heart melted and I felt so guilty! His foot was a little pink and warmer than the other, but I expected that... and today it is normal and he is not favoring it... the thing that amazes me is that he did not try to bite me or get away from me when it happened... he wanted to climb under my chin and cuddle me... which of course made me feel worse... if he had bitten me at least I woulda felt we were even...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.