Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My plan of getting a new bird this christmas

6K views 54 replies 13 participants last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
i created a song im going to personally present to my parents and embarass my self with.. LOL

embarassing my self with something seems to be the only way to get my point across in my family xD LOOL

Here it is

I want another birdie for christmas
(sung to the tune of i want a hippopatamus for christmas)

I want another birdie for christmas
only another birdie will do
i dont want a doll, no dinky tinker toy
i want a birdie to play with and enjoy
i want another birdie for christmas
i dont think ice will mind, do you?
she'll have another freind, to chirp throughout the day
cause all she wants to do is play play PLAY!
i can see me now on christmas morning,creeping down the stairs oh what joy and what surprise when i open up my eyes to see a Birdie buddy sitting there!

i want another birdie for christmas only another birdie will do!
No clothing or electronics will do
i only like little birdie buddies
and little birdie buddies like me too!!

i want a little birdie for christmas.. only a little birdie will do..

its not exactly on key.. but it works!!

See less See more
#20 ·
Lol my previous budgie , Phoebe
Was the most quiet little thing ever.

Only when the dishwasher was on would he chirp.

Maybe only 1 would be quieter!?

Idk!!

Parrotlets frighten me I'm going to admit that..lol they just seem like evil monsters in small body.

#21 ·
I think one or even 2 might be quieter... and they are sweet little birds... 'lets can be nippy... and with small sharp beaks their nips can hurt. Mine rides my shoulder while I get breakie ready for the birds in the am... he likes the egg food I sprinkle on the fresh and cooked foods and I always hold the bottle up so he can have a nip of it.. I forgot the other day and he reached over and took hold of my neck very deliberately and slowly squeezed... it wasn't a mean bite.. he pinched me.. like he was tapping on my shoulder for attention... like hey you forgot me up here... but his beak is like a needle and it HURT big time...lol he did NOT get his bite of egg food... he got the penalty box by way of his cage immediately... but he is not generally nippy if you respect his boundaries.

#23 ·
Never had one... or even seen one , but I hear the can be gentle.. but they have very messy poops...lol Kinds takes them off of my wish lists... my birds are fed a lot of fresh and cooked foods with high water content so most of them have wet poops any how and I cannot imagine one with worse messy poops than my green cheek! ( who by the way poops on a paper on command , but poops every 5 minutes or so and if you don't catch him in time... well lets just say all bets are off...lol)

#25 ·
I have a new couch so I cover it with an old throw.. and I wear a poop shirt...lol . I still try to catch as many poops as possible so there is less mess to clean. I have a foot stool that I lay an old magazine on... place him on or over it and ask him to go potty.. then when I put him back in the cage I rip off the dirty page , toss it and have a clean one ready for next time.. works great... even my 'let uses it...lol

#26 ·
I have a poop shirt too, that I wear when my P'let is on my shoulder -- she doesn't poop as often as the other two birds though. My GCC poops in a lined wastebasket when I say "Make a Poopie", but my Hahns will only poop on command when I put him on a playstand and say "BOMBS AWAY!" -- he spreads his wings real wide and poops -- makes a big deal out of it! The first time I saw him do that, "Bombs Away" came out of my mouth, and now I'm stuck with it!

Poop is my life.......:p

#27 ·
I have a poop shirt too, that I wear when my P'let is on my shoulder -- she doesn't poop as often as the other two birds though. My GCC poops in a lined wastebasket when I say "Make a Poopie", but my Hahns will only poop on command when I put him on a playstand and say "BOMBS AWAY!" -- he spreads his wings real wide and poops -- makes a big deal out of it! The first time I saw him do that, "Bombs Away" came out of my mouth, and now I'm stuck with it!

Poop is my life.......:p
Bombs away!!!!!
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.