Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayers for Nicholas

4K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  katew 
#1 ·
Asking all my friends and family to join in a prayer chain for little Nicholas and his family....Nicholas is 3 years old and has cancer, he is not doing well at this time. It is not looking good for him at all. This precious baby needs everyone to pull together.....prayers can do miracles! This is not one of those sympathy scams, I personally know this family and they need everyone's thoughts and prayers during this difficult time....Please, for Nicholas!

#2 ·
That is so awful. I hope he can recover. Nobody should have to go through such a thing

#3 ·
I am praying for him.

#7 ·
Update on Nicholas, he did survive the night (against all odds) but is now struggling to breathe. He will not give up easily and he is such a little fighter! Please continue to keep Nicholas and his family in your thoughts and prayers. He has an inoperable brain tumor and the chemo didn't help him.......

#8 ·
There's a new laser treatment. Only 1 hospital over here has a machine Ii think its Dodgy.
Look it up. I dont know what its called.
Its for brain tumours.
It can pinpoint round them.
I'll see if I can find it and then one out there.
My friend has a brain tumour.
Shes on the list.

#11 ·
I dont think he could be moved.
My prayers are with him and his family.
My daughter is 3, I couldnt imagine what they're going through.
Its an awful thing.
While some people spend fortunes on their children, others just want to be able to spend Christmas together.
I hope he's not in any pain.

#13 ·
Nicholas is running a high fever and the feeding tube site is infected. They have decided to stop his cancer treatment, after much debate and anguish, but he is recieving antibiotics for the infection. He is still fighting and holding on. Continued prayers please, he is one sick little boy.

#15 ·
From his mother:

ok everyone nicholas update: he is IMPROVING! the dr thinks the swelling has gone down and the bleeding has stopped. we are not saying he will not die but for now he is able to go home. he will start his feeds and if he keeps them down we can go home tomorrow on hospice
god is great

THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 ·
Update on Nicholas......he is going home on hospice

From his mother:

my heart is heavy and filled with sadness this morning. i am getting ready to take nicholas home and realizing this will be our last time here. i will miss our nurses and child life that have become our family. the doctors, too :) i have made alot of great friends and will miss them terribly. i appreciate everything everyone has done for me and my family. if nicholas could talk he would say thank you and he loves yall. he would probably say sexy :) thanks everyone at scott & white childrens hosp and the hematology/ oncology dept. you will be missed

#23 ·
Update on Nicholas: He is still standing strong and fighting hard. He has gained a little weight and is in good spirits. His family has gone into a semi-seclusion due to his lack of an immune system and the need to keep his stress level as low as possible. The power of prayer has been proven.....he is defying the odds each and every day. They did not expect him to make it through the night when I first posted but now he is home and doing fairly well. Praise be to God and to everyone praying for little Nicholas, thank you and please continue to keep him in your thoughts. We have already seen a miracle....may His grace continue to move through Nicholas and his family!

#26 ·
I am not a Christian, Or belong to any other religion so I have not prayed for him, but he has been in my thoughts and my families (told everybody) and I told them that he's doing much better and now and everybody is really happy :D I'm so proud of him and his parents for being so strong. I hope he has the best Christmas ever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.