Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

getting married soon

4K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  MeanneyFids 
#1 ·
well my fiance and i have actually talked about it, we are getting married in 3 months (February) :D

we are just doing a town hall wedding and having the reception either this summer or next summer (when its warm so we can have it outside). trying to keep family drama out of it wont be easy, but then again, when is it ever?

so for the town hall wedding, we are just having a few people there. i will have my dad and my maid of honour there and my fiance will have his mom and dad and his best "man" who is a woman!

but it feels weird. i didnt think much on it before. it seemed far away. now that its closer, it feels so weird. im gonna have to call him my husband now, its going to be sooooo weird LOL

im glad we are doing it our way though. i dont like crowds. so i like a town hall wedding then having the reception much later. i would feel so embarrassed in front of so many people. im shy, if you havent figured that one out yet lol.

#2 ·
Congrats on your upcoming wedding... it is funny you should post today that you are going to have a civil ceremony...lol Today is my 5th anniversary and Hubby and I had a civil ceremony at the town hall... my Mom, Dad and one of my sons were there along with his Mom , Dad, Aunt,Sister, Bro in Law, and a niece and her family... It was a very nice little ceremony and then we went to His sis and bro in laws house for a family reception. We did not spend $1000's (well we didn't have it to spend after spending $1000's on immigration fees for my son and I to come to the states from Canada) and are just as happy today as were were 5 years ago!! Congrats again!!!

#3 ·
We just had our 40th anniversary, and we had a very small wedding in a church with a teeny reception afterward in the church hall. It was a fight to keep it small, but we did -- then went on a 2 week honeymoon to Hawaii and bought a house 2 months later! We saved a bunch on the wedding and don't regret it at all!

Congrats!

#4 ·
yeah we cant afford a nice traditional wedding, and thats not what we want either. we're pretty simple in that regard. we dont want anything fancy. im not even wearing a dress. when we are broke, its a needless expense (not to mention i will not wear dresses much and theyre not that comfy)

and happy anniversary!

#5 ·
Congratulations! That's really awesome :) I'm hoping I have a small wedding with not many people. I have anxiety attacks so I would suck! + I'm not a Christian so I don't want a church wedding. You must take tons of pictures!

#6 ·
My husband'd from Leeds which is about 300 miles from here.
He hates crowds.
We were going to upset one lot of family.
So we got married in Barbados.
Wedding and honeymoon in one.
Just us there.
It was lovely!

#7 ·
haha no honeymoon for us! we're borderline hermits lol that and we have responsibilities at home id be too worried about to go anywhere. hence why we rarely travel much. that and the money lol

#8 ·
We had a small wedding in my grandmothers yard. We are friends with a judge so he married us there. We both have big families (my husband is one of 10) so by the time we had close family we ended up with around 50 people. It was small and intimate and we loved it. As long as thats what you want its great, some people think you need these huge wedding but really you dont. Congratulations!!!!!

#9 ·
we dont need or want anything big, but i got a large family as it is lol devin (my fiance) has a large family too so small is out of the option for us too lol

#10 ·
:clap: Congrats! Good for you! Your wedding is YOUR day, as a couple. Not your families, so do what makes YOU TWO happy!

I want something small too, but I kind of have my heart set on the Japanese Gardens nearby, so all the wedding funds will go into that and food. I will probably just buy a generic dress, not even going for white, and go from there! We want small also; his family is small, mine is a little bigger but I'm kind of hoping it will be too far away for my dad's side to come :whistle: I don't want them there and they will be in a tizzy because it's going to be non-denominational; we're both Atheists lol

#11 ·
If you dont need any stuff in the way of presents you could ask then to donate present money towards the reception.
Then they'd all benefit!
Its cheeky, but I know people who did that and it was a big success.
Just an idea.

#12 ·
haha we are asking people to bring food :D we are doing a potluck/barbecue sort of reception. at my dad's house, hes got a big yard and this way we dont have to pay much for a hall :) but my friend is baking our cake, on request, shes making red velvet (i LOVE red velvet cake) and shes going to make some other small dishes. she went to college for culinary so its gonna be good lol she loves to bake, so im happy with that.

and my family on both sides are big on pot luck style lunches and such so its perfect. just casual wear what you want as long as you are clothed sorta thing lol

#13 ·
haha we are asking people to bring food :D we are doing a potluck/barbecue sort of reception. at my dad's house, hes got a big yard and this way we dont have to pay much for a hall :) but my friend is baking our cake, on request, shes making red velvet (i LOVE red velvet cake) and shes going to make some other small dishes. she went to college for culinary so its gonna be good lol she loves to bake, so im happy with that.

and my family on both sides are big on pot luck style lunches and such so its perfect. just casual wear what you want as long as you are clothed sorta thing lol
Aww, so no streaking at the reception? :nana: :giggle:

#16 ·
haha just small (as we can)

yes, no streaking at our wedding.

we already have security picked out too (devins brothers) to keep some people from showing up who arent welcome... so hopefully it should all go well :)

#19 ·
i am hoping so :)

#21 ·
thanks lisa :)

#26 ·
how do the japanese marry? sorry, i dont know much on many other countries traditions.

a lot of my family wont be too pleased, theyre old fashioned traditional type when it comes to weddings. so this should be interesting. but anyone who doesnt like it can leave, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.