Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Im no longer permitted to go to bird fairs...

7K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  shanna81 
#1 ·
So when I came up with my grand scheme of birds I figured Id have 2 parrotlets. Ricky and Desi would be friends so Id be evened out and everyone would be happy. I was right on the p'lets but Ricky hates desi with a passion. So as I mentioned I was debating getting another Tiel for Desi. I went to a bird fair with no intentions of getting anything at all. Well, I was talking to Daisys breeder (who also happens to breed 'tiels) and playing with all her babies. She always has beautiful mutations and the cutest fabies. I was cuddling with this plain grey baby and this petite litte pearl girl hops out of the cage and looks at me. I thought she was a little baby because shes so petite. Shannon was teling me that shes a special needs baby (my downfall). Turns out when she was starting to get her pinners, her dad ripped them all out. She even still has a little bald spot behind her crest. Since she is scratch and dent (hehehe) shed take $50 for her. Well, I purposely didnt take much with me because I didnt want to buy anything. But she was soo cute and cuddly and her story melted my heart. I told Shannon I only had $30 and she said because she knows Id give her a great home (she saw all Daisys pics lol) that she would take it for her... So I got a new litte baby. She is beautiful and a total cuddler. The whole way ome she curled up on my chest and cuddled and slept. I have her in Lucys old cage till her quarantine and been socialized together and her and Desi will move in together.
She is sweet and cuddly. So teeny. I cant figure out what to name her. Some ideas are Paisley, Lolita, Pippa, Bella (my husbands idea, hehehe). So any help or ideas would be great.

So heres the part everyone wants... her pics

See less See more
#5 ·
Bird fairs and I are not good for each other. LOL Ricky just doesnt like any of the others. The only thing in the world he ever wants is my husband. If I thought hed like a friend Id get him one, but I just dont think he will. I cant wait to see how her and Desi get along. lol Shes going to end up being "the baby" unesss I name her soon. hehehe

#8 ·
Oh Ricky! Theres a new girl, at least try and be a gentleman :giggle:
Your new tiel is too cute! She is really too beautiful :) I would go for Poppy, Sunshine, Lola, Pearl,
hehehe I just nticed that your whole flocks names end with a vowel :giggle: Sooooo
> Abbi or Abby
> Molly
>Holly
> Nikki
> Sammy
> Dani
> Gaby or Gabi
> Kelli or Kelly
> Kia
~Chandni (means moonlight or goddess in hindi :p)
Good luck on choosing a name!

#16 ·
LOL There is a bird store like that about a half hour ffrom me. I LOVE that place.

Shivani Id do that but I wouldnt want to sell them.

Shannon Thanks, Im thrilled with her.

Everyone how about Charlotte? It means petite, beautiful and feminine

#24 ·
I wish they had a bird fair like that local to me. The fairs and auctions I go to only sell breeder birds :eek: not complaining really though, I just end up buying them and taming them (Pickles is a great example of my £50 well spent!). The national exhibition where I got him was not allowed to sell any hand raised babies. I saw the most sweet and beautiful baby Hahn's and I almost ended up taking one with me but I had Pickles so I was satisfied haha!

I was hoping you'd get another tiel soon but I was in doubt because of hubby hehe. The bald spot will be fine, lutinos have awful bald spots in comparisson. She is absolutely gorgeous though, congratulations!

I was hoping you would get another

#25 ·
That's too bad. The one bird fair/auction I attend twice a year sells and auctions off all sorts of birds. I bet you could find almost any type of bird you were looking for, breeders, hand raised babies, etc. I'm hoping I'll find more bird fairs/auctions to go to, just to see what else is out there. I only wish I had someone who was as willing as I to go spend money and time at one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.