Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulphur-Crested Cockatoo In My Backyard

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Solace. 
#1 ·
This little guy was across the road searching for food at first for awhile, but for the past couple of days he's been coming in our backyard to our bird feeder.

He came yesterday afternoon and I got some photos of him, how couldn't I! :lovehearts:

The first photo is my absolute favorite.. I think it's the best photo I've taken of a bird. :p

See less See more
#2 ·
You are so lucky to have parrots walking round your garden!

You must be able to get very close to him to get such great photos!

I agree, the first one is STUNNING! So are the others!

I'm so jealous! I wan't to have parrots walking round my back garden! I suppose there are eastern rosellas, but I'd love to have a 'too in my yard!

There are cockatoos around my hometown, I've seen them before, but haven't seen for a long time. Hopefully farmers haven't shot them!

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

#3 ·
I seen an Eastern Rosella the other day for the first time, they're so colorful and pretty! :lovehearts:

He lets me get really close, he's pretty placid I guess you could say - he gets frightened of any little kids near by, but if it's me or mum he's fine. I'd say it's because people feed him a lot so he's used to humans being close by.. I love them, but not their big beak lol.

#5 ·
Yes, rosellas are gorgeous! They're so common around these parts of New Zealand, but I'm never any less excited when I see one down at the park.:lovehearts:

They're so shy so I crawl up to them on my stomach to try and get a good shot (I'll do pretty much anything for a photo opportunity!)

I agree, cockatoos are lovely, but I try not to think of the damage their beak could do... LOL

#6 ·
He is so beautiful. I am blessed to have a small flock that comes into my yard every year. There are about 9 of them and they are visiting at the moment. They just love the nuts on the conifers at the back of my place and come down to eat them when they are still soft. Mind you they are noisier that my 7 babies. I just love Sulphurs they are so lovely.

When they are hand raised their beaks are no problem at all. Mine are so gentle. I think I would rather get a bite from a Sulphur than a Corella. Sulphurs are more pressure where Corellas are more sharp and rip.

#10 ·
You are a very talented photographer Solace! All of your pictures are beautiful! Further more what an amazing gift to be able to observe a parrot in it's natural habitat! Though I must add even the Robins and ravens are a gift to watch! I love when we get to see a blue jay or humming bird!:biggrin5:

#14 ·
Beautiful bird. We get allot of different kinds of birds in our garden in the summer. Of course sparrows, many species, robins, black birds, blue jays, cardinals, woodpeckers, wrens, doves, snow capped chicadees and hummingbirds. I may have missed a few. They are fun to watch. We also have a resident chipmunk who nests under our shed and had babies in the spring. Very cute!

#21 ·
Those are great shots. Hope to see more. How close were you to him?
Funny, how a good chunk of us on here are so awestruck at the idea of a bird like that being in your back yard. Maybe we should take photos of our blue jays, cardinals, etc - maybe we would get the same response?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.