Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New "big boy" playstand for Charley!

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  jodeg 
#1 ·
When it's playtime in Libby and Angelina's room, Charley plays on his boing and a playstand underneath. He'd been using one of my acrylic playstands (the ones that can be rearranged), but he's WAY too big for it!

Here's his new playstand, a Acrobird Pavilion, I ordered (on sale) from Drs. Foster and Smith:

I haven't added any toys to it yet, just that little spiral thing with the beads. I think it's much more his size -- it's all hardwood, and more solid.

Now, Angelina can have HER playstand back!

This is MINE!

Libby has a big climbing net with toys on it over her cage, so that's where she plays. Everyone has their own spot!

See less See more
#4 ·
I have that acrylic playstand. I only use it for the linnies. And the other day I picked it up to use it and one of the legs was broken. :eek: I have no idea how it could have possibly broken. :confused: May try to contact the store I bought it from but not expecting them to do any thing.

#5 ·
He checked it out a bit tonight, once he gets used to it, I think he'll be fine with it. He sure needed something more heavy duty than the acrylic one, which was really for Angelina. She sure was happy to be playing on it again!

Gee, Sally, can't imagine how a leg broke! Can you super glue it back together? Smaller birds wouldn't put much stress on the glued joint.

#11 ·
Lindsey - Yes, the big boy playstand came from Drs. Foster and Smith. The acrylic playstand (I have two) came from King's Cages, but you can search around for "acrylic playstand" -- other sites sell them.

ParrotletsRock - A friend of mine has two of those tree type playstands -- no leaves but lots of branches and a tray underneath. They are expensive and she says they are a real bear to clean! Thankfully, I don't have room for one anyway!

#16 ·
LOL! Charley's my big boy compared to the other two! The new playstand is bigger and much more sturdy. Anything for my babies! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.