Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

meet Toby

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  solo 
#1 ·
we just got Toby today my son named him i am not sure how old he is i would have had him in my hand when i took the pics but i could not hold him and work the camera too lol. Toby is a leopard Gecko i am not sure what coloration normal or something else i just loved his colors :lovehearts: and the tank is a 20 gal long which i was told would be big enough when he is grown

See less See more
#2 ·
He's super cute and your tank looks great! Do you have a dish of pure calcium in his cage? You should because growing Geckos especially need it to have healthy bones! (they can develop metabolic bone disease which makes their bones bend weird if they don't get enough calcium and vitamin D3). :)
Wonderful little guy!

#4 ·
Yes, you do need to dust his feeders with calcium with vitamin D3 in it but you also need to have a dish of pure calcium (no D3) in his tank at all times so that he can take some if he needs it. He won't get enough calcium if you just dust his food with it.
I'm not 100% sure what morph he is but he looks to be a normal to me right now.

#9 ·
Yes, no phosphorus in any of the supplements.
He'll need a multivitamin as well that does NOT have D3 in it. You will dust his food with the Multivitamin maybe twice a week and not at the same time as the Calcium with D3.
One issue reptiles have that need vitamin D3 is they can overdose on it easily which is why you don't want it to be in the multivitamin you give them.

#15 ·
right now he is staying hide except when food comes in front of him lol i got him the other day and they had them on sell for 20 USDA which was great i believe he is a normal but i think he is pretty the tank is a 20 gal i figured why get small then have to up grade when he is bigger so i just got what he needed now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.