Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky & Lucy

1K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  xoxsarahxox 
#1 ·
Here are our current two cockatiels, Lucky and Lucy !!

Lucy tries desperately to 'serenade' Lucky but at the moment he has no interest... At first he was 'in love' with a canary :rolleyes: But the canary started to actually attack everyone so he is no longer allowed to 'play' with them.

Anyway... Here they are... Hopefully future love birds.

Lucy

Lucky

See less See more
#5 ·
Lucy is male?! How so? She has markings on her under tail? :confused: I thought that meant female? & Her cheek patches aren't as bright...

Lucky had a problem with chewing his feathers a few weeks ago (when these photos were taken) but all is well now. :)

#7 ·
What about her tail markings? I thought only females had them?

This could explain why Lucky doesn't 'fancy' her :giggle:

#10 ·
How old is Lucy? Lucy might not have molted them out yet, my teils tend get there yellow faces in long before they lose the tail feathers. I have quite a few males that still have those bars on their tail feathers too.
I am not sure of her exact age but we brought her a few months ago now so possibly a year old? As she was most likely a last years chick.

Thank you for the info... I guess I have two boys !! I guess this could be an excuse to get more? ;)

#13 ·
They are both adorable Lucky looks like he's a proud bird puffing up his chest with pride lol
Thank you :)

I can confirm that Lucy is indeed male :eek: He no longer has the bars on his tail! How could I have missed that?! Maybe because he always hides away from me :(

We are going to have to call him Luke :rofl:

Now on the hunt for 2 females ;)

#16 ·
#17 ·
My mum knows of someone rehoming their two female cockatiels... So she agreed to have them :rofl:

They will be here tomorrow :)

Though this means that they will all have to go into the aviary.

#18 · (Edited)
Congrats on finding two girls! However, please take a look at this thread on Cockatiels and other birds, http://talkcockatiels.com/showthread.php?t=27104, cockatiels generally dont do well housed with a lot of other species of birds, especially if both species are breeding, since cockatiels are very passive, non aggressive birds while budgies are a more aggressive species. Just thought Id give you the thread to read up and prepare yourself for potential problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.