Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

i lost butchs trust! :'(

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ilovepets 
#1 ·
ugh new new on butch... i lost his trust! :( i was cleaning his cage and i have papers for poo then under it i have newspaper on top of the grate. once in a while i flip the newspaper to get the seed off, which i a scary thing to him but never caused any problems. but this time he flew out of the cage (all fish tanks were covered) and he finally landed on the ground. i was about to catch him and then he took off.. and crashed and landed in the place i never want a bird to fall, behind the dresser. i start going crazy and moving my piles of art out from under it. i keep calling him with millet in a calm voice. then losing some hope i told my mom to bring lenny in, thinking that he will come out when i make lenny sing on command. lenny was totally useless and didnt want to do anything. he just sat there like a lump. butch mean while was panting and pooping like crazy under there! i keep trying to lure him out but he didnt want to come so i did what i had to and put my arm under there and flushed him out (something i regretting with his past abuse). he came out and took off this time landing on top of a fish tank. and i caught him and put him back. both of us stressed, him panting like its 120F out. so i tried to give him millet, no luck there. so instead i took 'useless lenny' out and worked with him on butchs cage. butch didnt want to take any millet the first few times when i offered it, but he did take it maybe once or twice later on. so we start from square one....i took us 10 moths to get there and it wall take a long time to regain trust..

See less See more
#4 ·
I also think he will forgive you soon, he trusts you more now than he did 10 months ago and I know you have it in you to bring him back around, especially now he knows how training goes :)

#6 ·
luckily butch trusts me for the most part today since i worked with him and cleaned him. usually he would hate me for a while, but thats when he gets his wings clipped :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.