Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi! I'm Kaite!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ParrotletsRock 
#1 ·
Not sure how many people from TC are on this forum, but here i am!

I'm Kaite, i have three cockatiels named Meanboy(buddy), Singerboy(Beo) and Ari Up.
(Wendy was the sweetest cockatiel ever, she passed in august..)
We also have 4 ferrets, two rabbits, and two finches(but do not worry, we have had all of these animals coexisting for years! not out at the same time of course)

We are adopting a female 4 year old Cockatoo from a friend of a friend who was going to bring her to a shelter.
We have no idea what kind of Cockatoo she is.. Just that she was described as she is a soft grey colour with a crest like a cockatiel that has yellow on it.
We were thinking it may be something of a sulfur crested.. But i'd like to know their mutations. Unless someone says otherwise as to what kind she may be!
All we know is that she is very sweet, soft grey with yellow on her, she has a crest, she is four years old, and she talks a little.

We are completely prepared for a Cockatoo and have been looking into getting a Cockatoo for quite a while now. We are receiving her because she was not getting any attention. The man had gotten her and another as a gift for his daughter who moved into a dorm for college and she could not take the birds with her.
One of the birds had died and this one has been left alone for a year with a very busy man.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Kaite. I am interested in seeing this cockatoo also. Sulphur Crested Cockatoos are White with a yellow crest, very pale cheek patches like the cockatiel. Then there is the Major Mitchell Cockatoo that is white wings, pink front, red under wings and 2 bands of red with yellow in between white at the front and tips of the crest. Then we have the Galah or Roseate Cockatoo. They are grey wings and back pink darkish pink front and a pale pink crest.

The only thing I can think of is a hybrid between a Galah and a Sulphur. But their crest is not usually yellow and the pink goes a salmon colour and the wings a very soft grey, almost silver.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Such species does not currently exist but we will see when it comes to you :)

#7 ·
Hehehe
What a silly mistake!

The woman thought it was a cockatoo, when she described it, she said it was a soft light grey with a yellow crest and that it was almost a foot long!

It's a cockatiel.
We got so excited, however we still plan to get a cockatoo or some form of large parrot!!
Watching craigslist with high intent of getting this african grey.. he's only 3!

Anyway, the cockatiel is a 4 year old MALE not sure what actual colour.. but he's grey(the picture was dark however)

Thanks for the hope though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.