Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

baby lover

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  LindiS 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm a married stay home mommy of four. I'm Also an animal lover. I grew up with birds, my mom has a Scarlet Macaw named Ziggy that she got and handfed when i was a teen. We always had birds! Cocktails and budgies and of course Ziggy. There was also a stream of cats, dogs, bunnies, hamsters, guinea pig and even a Chinese water dragon. I grew up and moved on to human children. Which is great but i find myself wanting another baby every three years or so lol. I think my maternal instincts have no limit, overdrive. So, hubby is allowing me to have pets so I'll refrain from babies. We have two shih tzu, an Indian Ringneck parrot (she started off being adopted by my mom. My hubby was the one who held her on the car ride from her old home to my mom's. It was hopeless, mom never could bond with her. She tried for about a year. The only time the bird was ever active and singing was when we came to mom's to visit And she saw hubby. She finally called and told hubby to come get his bird lol. She wants nothing to do with anyone but him), kids have three hamsters and two guinea pigs, and i just got a baby Quaker about four weeks ago. I am handfeeding him, still three times a day. He eats EVERYTHING, on his own, but he's so smart! He manipulates me into giving him formula anyway. He's about ten weeks old now and extremely intelligent! Besides being talented enough to totally wrap me around his little claw, he's already laughing when we laugh and muttering when talk. Smartest baby ever! Yes, I'm in LOVE. I even bought him a little travel cage so he can go everywhere i go, he's truly a family member already. Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself and my little love (he's had fifteen different names so far,none fit. He's starting to answer to Baby and if something doesn't come along soon that'll stick). I'm so excited to have found a forum dedicated to my obsession. Thanks for reading i hope to speak with you all soon!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Welcome to the forum! We have two shih tzus in the family too :D Errol and Ozzy. Your Quaker is beautiful, I'm a big fan of the asiatic parrots so I would like to see your IRN too ;)

Regarding weaning, just keep hand feeding him until he's ready to wean himself. He will tell you when he doesn't want it anymore. The longer the better IMO :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I'm really happy to have found this place! About the weaning, is it common for a Quaker to still be eating three times a day? I'm fairly certain he doesn't NEED it, but he sure as Heck wants it. I've read just about everything i could find on the subject and it all says they'll let you know. That, or put them on a weaning weaning schedule (which I'm thinking would cause issues later so I'm not doing). I've made an appointment for the vet next Wednesday.
Anyways, thank you all for the warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.