Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2019 resolutions and plans?

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  catalinadee 
#1 ·
Does anybody have any new year resolutions they would like to share? I always find it interesting finding out what people want to do or have planned for the year ahead! I will drop mine down below once I've really thought them through :p

#2 ·
Well I am rubbish at resolutions so they won't be happening but in terms of plans!

1 - Get a new aluminium aviary or a block of aviaries up for my parrot species. They're currently in an outdoor bird room style aviary but I would much prefer to have them out in the open again. I regret taking my old aviaries down but the wood had had it, they'd be up for about 10 years and there's only so much chewing they could take

2 - Work on harness flight training one of the parrots. My main goal eventually is to learn to free fly parrots but I am not in the position currently to buy a bird I would like to free fly. My Alexandrine, Kona, is very hands on and will fly to me on recall no problem. I'm hoping I can at least try her with a harness

3 - Successfully breed my hawks. They are showing interest in the nest ledge again so fingers crossed. I am now upping the food, providing nesting materials and I've just bought CCTV so I can watch the nest from the house without disturbing them. I would love to fly my own bred birds!

4 - I built an enclosure for my dogs last year so they could go in and out of the back door flap without going over to the neighbours fences (which keep blowing down and they won't fix!) but I would like to build a new enclosure/run that is easier to get in and out of. I want to be able to take them straight out of my back gate for a walk without the faff of getting them through the house first (a bunch of very excitable dogs being put on their leads can be a nightmare)

5 - Start setting up my fish tank. I got a 380L corner aquarium nearly 2 years ago and it's still sat empty in my living room. It's so big it's a shame to just leave it like that!

6 - Work on getting my driving license so I can actually start my own K9 unit. The dogs aren't the problem, the lack of driving is :lol:

7 - Try a dog sport!

8 - Make a start on redecorating the house bit by bit. One room at a time. It needs a freshen up and a change since my ex left

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.