Talk Parrots Forums

Talk Parrots Forums (https://www.talkparrots.com/forum.php)
-   Parrot Health, Maintenance, and Safety (https://www.talkparrots.com/13-parrot-health-maintenance-safety/)
-   -   Citrus Magic Air Freshner. Safe or not Safe? (https://www.talkparrots.com/13-parrot-health-maintenance-safety/39675-citrus-magic-air-freshner-safe-not-safe.html)

Miss Mary 02-09-2019 03:45 PM

Citrus Magic Air Freshner. Safe or not Safe?

I am wondering if anyone has used this product either in the spray or the solid? It is an all natural non-aerosol air freshening order eliminator spray that is suppose to be safe for birds. Ingredients are Natural Essential Citrus Oils. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mr Peepers 02-10-2019 10:32 AM

Unfortunately any type of essential oil in a product like an air freshener is difficult to know if the manufacturer used the best quality of essential oil. Since it is an air freshener I would be leery and worried the quality of the oil is poor and there might be other things in the oil scent that could cause harm to your bird. I wouldn't use it.

If you have a potpourri burner or even a crock pot you can make simple clean fresh scents and burn them all day long in your home. I use lemon ginger and cinnamon in water in a small crock and can make the house smell amazing and not worry my bird will be affected.

Miss Mary 02-10-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Peepers (Post 1919514473)
Unfortunately any type of essential oil in a product like an air freshener is difficult to know if the manufacturer used the best quality of essential oil. Since it is an air freshener I would be leery and worried the quality of the oil is poor and there might be other things in the oil scent that could cause harm to your bird. I wouldn't use it.

If you have a potpourri burner or even a crock pot you can make simple clean fresh scents and burn them all day long in your home. I use lemon ginger and cinnamon in water in a small crock and can make the house smell amazing and not worry my bird will be affected.

Thank you so much for replying to my post. Your comment is helpful and I really appreciate it.

catalinadee 02-27-2019 04:27 AM

As Mr Peepers said, it's better to be safe than sorry! One thing I used to do would be to boil orange and cinnamon and then place it in a jar with a pierced lid. You can pop them anywhere in the home and they're completely safe. Now I don't keep my birds indoors but around Christmas time I do make some up. Add cinnamon to anything and you'll get a festive smell!

Miss Mary 03-28-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catalinadee (Post 1919514523)
As Mr Peepers said, it's better to be safe than sorry! One thing I used to do would be to boil orange and cinnamon and then place it in a jar with a pierced lid. You can pop them anywhere in the home and they're completely safe. Now I don't keep my birds indoors but around Christmas time I do make some up. Add cinnamon to anything and you'll get a festive smell!

Thank you for your reply. I will try your suggestion.