Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
We are finally getting temps in the 80s here. Been closer to 100 for the last month or so.
It has been the oddest summer ever here .... no rain and horrible heat and humidity. I feel for you Ozzie. I hope it cools down now we are slip sliding into September. Usually we have nicer cool nights in September and lovely hot days with low humidity ... I'm praying we will get there soon.

Stay cool!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
August is usually hour hotest month so this one has been about normal for us but still it is hot and humid as heck.

What part of the USA are you located in? I figured if you were in Florida, Louisiana, Texas and New Mexico California area then it would be horrible there with heat and humidity. Anywhere else you'd have the same type weather we have up here in Canadanananandaland.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
Tis 17C today. Its sunny and it feels like 17C and might get up to 23C today. There is a man talking to his friend up the street, a few houses away from me ..... he's wearing a winter coat. I guess some people don't like abrupt weather/temperature changes and really feel it. Me? I am loving it. Unfortunately now that I have the air conditioning NOT blowing like mad .... I am aware of every little noise in the world outside my windows. There is a small homeless encampment several houses away on a tiny plot of land where a house use to be. I heard them partying with music from a cell phone and a portable speaker (which has amazing clarity and sound quality!) but with it was loud laughing and screaming all night.

From heat and humidity to homelessness and anarchy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What part of the USA are you located in? I figured if you were in Florida, Louisiana, Texas and New Mexico California area then it would be horrible there with heat and humidity. Anywhere else you'd have the same type weather we have up here in Canadanananandaland.
Louisville Kentucky. We the worst of all weather just for shorter time periods.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
It's 17C here ... and it feels like 17C ... the hooooomidity is a little up there at 88% and we are suppose to get some rain later on today. So far so good ... its sunny out and nice. I can sit on the back deck and enjoy my coffee in comfort while I watch the birds come and go. We are in the start of WASP season as there are truck loads of Grapes arriving from the Niagara region for people to buy in crates so they can bottle their own wine.

I've noticed trees on my street are now beginning to drop leaves and there is a noticeable change in leaf colors on some trees. DAMN IT .... its only the 4th of September. Does everything have to happen around here all at once? I'm not quite ready for Autumn or Fall yet.

I did notice its dark by 8pm each night ... this depresses the heck outta me. I like the light! Soon it will be dark at 5pm and we will face the dreaded DAYLIGHT SAVINGS time.

UGH UGH UGH ..... 😫

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
It rained last night and into the wee hours of the AM ... its dark and gray and overcast today with hoooomidity in the 88% area and temps at 21C but feels like 24C. It's going to be a gloomy rainy day and my headache is proof of that. I think I will finish my coffee and have a Nap.

A Nap will make things RIGHT!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
17C feels like 17C ... but its not. It's bright and sunny with blue skies and fluffy white clouds but an hour ago it looked dark and scary and rainy. Rainy sky's went BYE BYE and didn't spread its love with us. High today of 23C on Labor Day in Canada .... Kids are suppose to go back to school tomorrow and that means they will be off the streets and inside earlier and in bed earlier and off the streets earlier and not making so much bloody noise in the evening. SHEESH ....

It's the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL you lovely little kiddo's .... all bright and bushy tailed in your new 1st Day of School clothes. Have a lovely day!

Okay.... that's done. Now the serious stuff. It's 12C ... 12C and it feels like 12C ... and its HOOMID. 94% hoomid ... there was frost and dew allllllllllllll over the car this morning. It's official ... its AUTUMN!

I recall when I was a wee bug many many years ago going to school the first day after the Labor Day weekend. Mom yelling at me to wear a sweater. Me yelling NO ... its too hot. I'll forget it on the bus. I'll leave it at school and some one will steal it. I was never happy about the sweater thing ... when I went out to catch the bus I always thought I should have taken the damn sweater or a jacket. It was COLD out.

Memory's ... yeah I always remember when mom yelled at me for stupid stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Still nagging and whinging and complaining about the weather ... its 18C feels like 18C but its HOOMID because its raining. Hoooomidity is at 98% and I feel "damp" ... the rain started last night about 8pm and was off and on for a bit but then around 10pm we got the GOOD STUFF ... thunder and lightning and a real serious downpour. It was windy as all heck and fun to watch it beat down.

The rain continued through the night right into the early hours this morning and should continue all day. It's about time. The rain barrels are completely dry here and the lawn looks like some KFC popcorn chicken. It's BOINT!

I have a headache ... allergy's and air pressure I'm sure. NO .... its not the beersicles I ate all night.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
19C ... feels like 9C ... its a little windy and its COLD ... so cold my air conditioning refused to click on. Hoomidity is low and there are people walking around outside with fall and winter coats on. A little extreme for me ... I'll sit here in my tee shirt and shorts and enjoy the fresh breeze coming through the house front to back. It's so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain is predicted for the afternoon and it just might show up ... I have a splitting headache. SPLITTIN I TELL YA!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
12C THATS RIGHT 12C .... its kinda cold. Hoooooooomidity it 94% but that's kinda normal its morning and there is a lot of frost and DEW DEW on the lawns cars porches and roofs around here. AUTUMN ... YAY!

I am liking this .... my air conditioner is LOVING this ... it gets to take a break!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
18C ... still feels like 10C ... hoooomidity in the 80% so its slightly damp. The good thing is its bright and sunny.

The bad thing is its dark by 7:15pm each night. UGH ......

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
22C feels like 27C ... its HOOMID at 88% because its overcast and miserable and spitting rain stuff on the house and lawn and everywhere. It's a MEH day ... I can deal with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
18C feels like 10C AGAIN .... its chilly and hooooomid at 88% because it rained all evening yesterday and then again allllllllllllll night long (sing with me people!) and then it was still damp and soggy this morning.

Now its sunny .... sunny cool and sunny. I guess I can get with the program. We are suppose to get more rain this evening. Alrighty then!

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
18C feels like 18C ... NOT ... Hoooomidity at 98% as it rained alllllll night long ( come one people sing with me .... all night... all night long!)
It was a spectacular storm with a ton of lightning a little tunda .... and more lightning. It made lotsa puddles everywhere and my lawn is actually looking healthy and green again.

It's sunny now and the there is rain due later tonight and into tomorrow. And thennnnnnnnnnn .... its gonna get hot again in the 30C area by the end of the week. Howdya like dem apples?

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
19C feels like 20C ... its soggy-ish and semi hooomid at 87% .... it rained most of the night. It might rain this morning and then happy sunshine is due by the afternoon. In the meantime its sort of gray and MEH out there.

I guess I can dig it.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
14C ... feels like 14C ... its sunny at 7:40 something in the bloody AM, it should be a lovely day with a high of 23C ... I will be able to weed the yards and clean up the lawns and not sweat like a freak! Autumn is here and quickly moving into FALL ... leaves are changing colors already and a bunch are falling off the trees in the yard prompting me to get the rake out and start bagging them up soon.

I wish the weather network would make up its mind. Yesterday they said fall would be HOT like summer ... today they are saying Ontario will be moving into Winter ASAP.

COME ON... Don't mess with me!

261 - 280 of 280 Posts