TalkParrots.com banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
-4C feels like -10C and its windy .... it was snowy but the snow has melted. Oddly its sort of sunny out there right now .... sort of.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
-3C feels like -3C .... I know confusing isn't it? It's sorta sunny out there but very windy .... I'm sticking close to home as the wind and rain and sleet snow and hail and all that crap is due this afternoon. YUCK ...............

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
0C feels like -6C .... its windy and cold and overcast and it sneeted sometime last night and more snain or sneet or something is gonna come this afternoon.

DAMN .....

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
-4C feels like -11C .... Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

BUT ITS SUNNY .... so I ain't complainin much ........

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
1C feels like -1C ... its sunny and bright out. I am sort of happy ... I guess.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
-2C feels like -9C ... and its a full blown BLIZZARD out there .... snow and rain and more rain and snow and rain and snow and more crap.

We are suppose to get a whopping snow here in the big city and it will be so much fun. NOT ... I am going back to bed. Lock down is fun!

·
Registered
593 Posts
0C feels like -5C ... its snowing. Sort of ... its snowing badly ... not good just bad. Does that make sense? No? Maybe it needs a beer.

hmmm .... beeer.

In our part of Ontario, the weather network calls snowing badly "snow showers." I think we would all embrace a "snow shower" over snowing badly. And no, I don't think a beer would help here. xD :grin2:

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
-2C feels like -6C ... its not snowing anymore which is nice. It dumped on us. DUMPED ..... and alllllllll morning starting about 5:30am I heard BEEP BEEP BEEP of smaller trucks clearing snow in parking lots at the seniors building down the block as well as the condo's next door and alllllll the houses where lazy home owners don't want to clear their driveways and walkways either. BEEP BEEP BEEP BLOOODY BEEP.

Get up and clear your own small single car driveways ya lazy buggers ... its Toronto for gods sakes ... our driveways are the size of a double size bed sheet. SCOOP SCOOP and its done. Ya lazy buggas. I do it all the time and I'm old and miserable and crotchety and I have arthritis on my arthritis and I am sober in the early morning and I go out there and clean my dang driveways and I clean 2 elderly neighbors driveways and their front walk ways and stoops and I clean the sidewalk 4 houses up and down the street in front of my place because I'm nice that way and I worry about my elderly neighbors who can't do much these days.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOoo ..... I have to hear BEEP BEEP BLOODY BEEP for hours cause 3 inches of snow fell on the ground and nobody is able to sweep a porch/stoop or shovel a 2 meter sidewalk.

Okay ... its almost 12:30pm ..... Time for a beer.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
-7C feels like -14C ... its clear and sunny and the weather network is calling for some freak snow squall to blow across Ontario. I guess I better bat N down de atches!

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
-7C feels like -15C ... I couldn't figure out why the floor beside the kitchen stove was so cold today it seems a rascally squirrel has dug a new home through a METAL vent in the wall of the house and made a new home for himself/herself and family in the stove exhaust vent. Smart ... but they are being evicted later this afternoon. They will hate that because .... IT'S SNOWING OUT!

Windy and snowy and overcast and cold and meh out there. SIGH ....

·
Registered
593 Posts
"BEEP BEEP BLOODY BEEP" -- Mr. Peepers' latest catch phrase.
❤️

·
Registered
593 Posts
Squirrel Heavy Metal

-7C feels like -15C ... I couldn't figure out why the floor beside the kitchen stove was so cold today it seems a rascally squirrel has dug a new home through a METAL vent in the wall of the house and made a new home for himself/herself and family in the stove exhaust vent. Smart ... but they are being evicted later this afternoon. They will hate that because .... IT'S SNOWING OUT!

Windy and snowy and overcast and cold and meh out there. SIGH ....

I know about the craftiness of squirrels, Mr. P. We once had a whole community of grey squirrels living in our eaves troughs/soffits like squirrel apartments. Eventually we convinced our landlord to fix the rumble-tumble eaves troughs so the squirrels ( and pigeons) would not reclaim that space.

These days we just get squirrel visitors next to our window on the railing to our back deck, and as long as they don't try to climb the window screen, they are welcome to wave their pretty, bushy tails
and nibble on whatever foodstuffs they managed to find, and eat up on our deck.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I know about the craftiness of squirrels, Mr. P. We once had a whole community of grey squirrels living in our eaves troughs/soffits like squirrel apartments. Eventually we convinced our landlord to fix the rumble-tumble eaves troughs so the squirrels ( and pigeons) would not reclaim that space.

These days we just get squirrel visitors next to our window on the railing to our back deck, and as long as they don't try to climb the window screen, they are welcome to wave their pretty, bushy tails
and nibble on whatever foodstuffs they managed to find, and eat up on our deck.

I enjoy my squirrely friends here we have such a variety of colors ... we have the big black ones that look like a cat. We have the grey and gold WOLF squirrels like the one you posted sittin in da snow,, and we have the grey ones. What we don't have is the teeny tiny little red/brown ones. There are a gazillion of those little cuties in Nova Scotia ... but not here in the big city.

Oddly ... in my neighborhood we have a bunch of WHITE albino large squirrels ... I see one once in a while but have never seen any little baby white ones. Just an adult here or there which is pretty cool.

My stove vent squoil was extracted and let go in the back yard where he sat on the deck railing and gave heck to the guy doing the extraction. The vent was sealed up with some strong metal grate thingy and hopefully this bugga won't try and get back in. It was a male and the varmint guy put a camera on a wire in the vent to make sure there were no babies and no more mess in there. Mr. Squirrel was quite the decorator ... he made the stove pipe vent quite comfy and cozy.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
-7C feels like -11C ... yeah. YUCK ... snows a comin ... crappy weather is predicted but who knows when it will come. I in the meantime must do a beer run. Can't run out of my milk!

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
-6C feels like -14C ... its sort of bright out but not quite clear and we are being threatened with SNOW this afternoon. I will start my beer consumption ... NOW.

Have a good Sunday where ever you may be.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
-2C feels like -8C ... its sunny and bright and suppose to get up to a humid +2C this afternoon .... I might go for a walk!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts