TalkParrots.com banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
1C ........ 1C ... that's right we have reached ABOVE 0 today ... its currently 1C but feels like -3C ... but there is sun GLORIOUS SUNSHINE so its allllllll good. Until the snow starts later tonight. Why? Oh WHY? Stupid ground hog/rodent ... why you messin with me?

·
Registered
593 Posts
1C ........ 1C ... that's right we have reached ABOVE 0 today ... its currently 1C but feels like -3C ... but there is sun GLORIOUS SUNSHINE so its allllllll good. Until the snow starts later tonight. Why? Oh WHY? Stupid ground hog/rodent ... why you messin with me?

Mr. P., he be messin' wit you, cuz you aint his groundhog missus. >:)

Reactions: Mr Peepers

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So ... its Friday February 5, 2021 .... at some ungodly hour of the day. It is currently -1C in the great white north of Canada and it feels like -9C ... which is not good. Its dull and gray and overcast and the wind is gusting at 63mph and more and making things roll around in my back yard.

AND THERE IS NO SUNSHINE .... at least I have this new lay out and upgrade forum to play on and try to figure out ... that will keep me busy for a bit!

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
-6C but it feels like -15C ..... brrrrr. It snowed off and on all yesterday and I was not happy about it until the clouds would break for 5 minutes and the brightest sunshine filled my life for 5 minutes. Its sunny today and bright but horribly windy again with gusts at 57klm. Wind I can do without.

I was just perusing the local weather and next week is going to be a snowy one ... I guess February is coming in like a lion and will soon go out like a lamb? OH I HOPE ITS SOON.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
-8C feels like -15C and its SNOWING ... like crazy ... its almost blizzardy. I haz a headzache and I don'tz likez it.

NOT ONE BIT .....

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
A polar vortex has attacked parts of Ontario and we is FREEZIN .... its -11C but feels like -17C right now. I have humidifiers blaring cool mist allllllll over the house and yet its still dry as heck in here. My poor plants are coughing while they wait for the humidity to hit em. Right now its bright and sunny out and looks gorgeous out there but this will end by dinner time as SNOW is predicted.

Why oh why has WHIARTON WILLIE messing with me? I wanna smack that rodent with my snow shovel ... I wanna smack him hard!

Oh yeah ..... it was 5:40pm last night and the sun was slowly sinking in the sky ... the days are getting longer and I loved seeing that. I do love the longer days with light. I do .... Spring is a comin! WOOOO HOOOOO! :p(y):giggle:🕺🌞

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Willie was not amused by my last post ... when I came home today I found him sitting outside my house waiting.

I was very nervous and had some ''splainin" to do. So I guess I shouldn't threaten rodents with snow shovels online ... who knew rodents are reading forums in their little underground bunkers?

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
-5C feels like -8C ... its snowing and has been overnight ... it looks beautiful outside with all the fresh white snow. The snow is already tapering off and will end in a few hours and that's alright with me. I have had my fill of shoveling this morning. I need to buy me a flame thrower to clean the driveway and sidewalks .... check out the news on tv. You will probably see a story of the police coming to arrest me because I blew up a car or two by accident with my flame thrower.

COME ON SPRING! 🌞

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
-7C feels like -13C ... its all good because the sun is shining brightly and I don't care about the cold.

Yesterday I had to have an eye appointment so I couldn't drive, I had a friend come with me for the bus ride there and to be my human Seeing Eye Buddy. We stopped and shopped a bit for groceries and on the way back we missed the bus so we had to wait 15 minutes for the next one.

We parked our butts in a bus shelter and oddly .... it was lovely. The sun was blaring down on the shelter and the heat from the sun on the glass felt so nice and warm, there was little or no wind and we sat there watching all the snow from the night and early morning falling off trees and plopping onto the ground around us. It was a nice time ... we caught our empty bus and didn't bother transferring to another bus when we were close to home as we decided to walk. It was a nice 10 minute walk down clear sidewalks and side streets and again we were in sunshine with no wind.

I was happy we got out and enjoyed the day even though I couldn't see more then a foot in front of me ... 😎 I forgot to bring my trusty sunglasses from home and the Optometrist insisted I wear these fold-able plastic sunglasses they give patients for free. They look so stupid and bad ... but the snow was so bright outside I wore them!

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
-5C feels like -10C ... its dullish out there with lots of clouds but every once in a while you get a glimpse of blue sky peeking out from behind the cloud cover. It's a "meh" kinda day because we are due some snow this late afternoon and a ton of it. It's suppose to snow overnight and most of Friday. UGH ... time for me to hibernate.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
-9C feels like -17C and its SNOWING out .... just kill me now please. This snow is due to last all day today and into Saturday as well.

Where the heck is my bottle opener.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I ain't nobody's missus ... especially a rodents. So there ... and why is this rodent abusing his missus? He be biting her. Nasty rodent.
He be nuzzling her, Mr. P! I think you need a new pair of spectacles, sir.
Besides, tomorrow is Valentine's day! ❤️ Did you get somethin' for your Missus?

·
Registered
593 Posts
-9C feels like -17C and its SNOWING out .... just kill me now please. This snow is due to last all day today and into Saturday as well.

Where the heck is my bottle opener.
J. flew to the Beer Store on get-me-there-quick wings, early this morning.
Because a little birdie told him to.
🐦🐤 🦅

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
He be nuzzling her, Mr. P! I think you need a new pair of spectacles, sir.
Besides, tomorrow is Valentine's day! ❤ Did you get somethin' for your Missus?
Beer ... I got her a beer in a pink can with a lovely bow on it and a plastic flower and I'll probably order a pizza in a heart shape if my local pizza parlor knows how to do that and I may nuzzle her. Or bite her ... we'll see how it goes.

Did you get anything for ''Spend Your Money on Someone Day'' ... so stores can steal our money?

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
-7C feels like -11C ... it was snowing 30 mins ago and will probably come back and snow more today so its ONE OF THOSE kinda days here. We will have more snow allllll week as well.

Where's that damn ground hog? I have a huge 4 wheeler I can hunt him down with.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Beer ... I got her a beer in a pink can with a lovely bow on it and a plastic flower and I'll probably order a pizza in a heart shape if my local pizza parlor knows how to do that and I may nuzzle her. Or bite her ... we'll see how it goes.

Did you get anything for ''Spend Your Money on Someone Day'' ... so stores can steal our money?
J. got me a lovely pop-up Valentine card that is really a show-stopper. It also serves as a specialty centerpiece. :love: I'd like to write more, but it's gotten quite late, and J. and I need to retire to bed. Ta-Ta!

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
-5C feels like -10C ... its snowin lightly .... its gonna snow hard later. Apparently we are expected a one two punch of snow. I don't like the sound of that. NO I DON'T! Give it to me plainly none of this fighting talk ... we ain't in the boxing ring here.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
-7C feels like -15C with the windchill and its windy out there and its blowing snow like NO TOMORROW ... its been snowing since later yesterday afternoon and its not gonna stop. WHAT A MESS it is out there. Snow snow snow and more snow. I've shoveled more snow then I want to see but the stuff just keeps on comin. My neighbor on the right of me is a lovely 89 year old who can barely walk so I do her walkway and driveway and the sidewalk in front of our houses and then my sidewalk and my driveways and I am exhausted by all this.

I need a snow blower ... or a flame thrower ... or a really nice young kid who will do a good job for a decent price and not steal my car when they are finished.

More snow allllll day is predicted. I don't like it ... I don't like it one little bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
-10C feels like -16C ... but no snow overnight or due today. Which is FINE by me because the 2nd dumping is due tomorrow and Friday and Saturday.

I guess I should go out and stock up on important supplys .... like beer..

41 - 60 of 70 Posts