Parrot Forums - TalkParrots banner
221 - 240 of 343 Posts

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Civic Holiday today, not much traffic out on the highway or streets I have to travel to get to work so it was a nice ride to the office. It's HOT out though. MUGGY .... hooooomid. 23C feels like 28C and expected thunder/lightening showers this afternoon, bring me some SNOW.

I can't believe its AUGUST already ... where has the time gone?

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Autumn is comin! I see and feel changes when August comes around, it gets cooler at night and the sun has gone down by 8:55pm now so it will be sinking earlier each week into more blah - (hello darkness my old friend!) The grass has reached the ultimate perfect dark green color you know its at its peak and the peak will soon be over. The ARK sits collecting pollution dust, grime and old rain muck all around it, while on top of the ark there are 3000 pigeons and a small flock of seagulls that have moved in and set up a homeless boid shelter in it.

I sleep with the window open at night ... the a/c gets a rest. I toss and turn in distress from hearing all the ambulance and firetruck and police sirens and horns. I am in tune to every little noise on the street, car door closes? EYES WIDE OPEN. Neighbor comes out to sit on their porch and I hear them sigh when they sit down and light a cigarette. EYES WIDE OPEN. A cat is chasing a moth on another neighbors porch 8 houses away from mine .... the cat bumps against their door setting off the ring cam and then I hear the owner of the house screaming at the cat for waking them up. EYES WIDE OPEN ..... again.

Soon the CNE - Canadian National Exhibition will arrive in Toronto with concerts and noisy thrilling rides, fast food heart attack trailers/trucks waiting to entice me with deep fried butter drizzled with real Canadian Maple Syrup! and corn on the cob cooked in caldrons of salty butter
drizzled with some grated rich fatty cheese and bacon bits. OH MAN .... pass the vat of salt please my sodium levels want higher sodium levels.

The CNE location is right at the edge of Lake Ontario so the nights are cool and comfy with dark black looking water, shimmering with star light and the moon, while a stunning electric bright florescent skyline of tall condo's, apartment and office towers and LIFE dazzled you from the other side of the exhibition. It's a little mysterious, a whole lot magical at times ... it feels wonderful and almost sad at the same time but its definitely beautiful.

Yes Yes I am lamenting the inevitable here ... its the beginning of the end of summer.

Where has the dang time gone?

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
24C feels like 32C ... UGH HOOOOOMID! Its overcast and we might have thunder storms later this evening so its another craptastic kinda day.

Just checking the weather news for the following 6 days and its suppose to rain straight of and on every day for the next 6 days. OH OH ... I should really be working on that ark.

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Its a rainin ... its hoooooooomid in the mid 90's its 21C but feels like 25C and should be hotter later today. It might get sunny later which is good because sun is always good..... right?

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Its a scorcherrrrrrrrrrrrr of a insanely sunny day here, 31C and feels like 40C. The A/C is blaring to keep me cool on this heat wave saturday.

Naw ... I ain't working on the ark. Too hot!

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Another scorcher of a day ahead ... its shortly after 8am and already its 25C but feels like 36C ... hooooooooomid and soggy and sunny and UGH. Maybe some thundershowers this afternoon? OH BOY!

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
26C feels like 38C and its not even 9am .... ouch! Another hooooooooomid day is a comin! They predicted thunder storms last night they are predicting thunder storms this afternooon. I think they are lying and I guess I'll believe it when it happens!

COME ON AUGUST .... do your thing and at least give us some nice cool comfy nights to enjoy. I hate sitting outside in the dark and feeling like I'm in an oven.

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
Sunny! 20C feels like 21C but its all good because there is a cool lovely breeze blowing alllllll over the place. These are the kind of summer days I can enjoy and love.

SADLY .... the sun is going down at an alarming rate these days. It's dark by 8:15pm these days. SIGH .... I do like the longer days but its what it is.

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
12C ... 12C yes you read this correctly. 12 freaking CELCIUS ... which is kinda chill this morning and unfortunately its also high in hoooomidity at 100%. It's sunny and going to be in the 25C range today so its kinda good. What would make it better? BEER? naw .... some cool breezes would help.

Breezes and beer. Happy Friday!

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Perfect day to work on the ark ... its sunny and 12C feels like 11C and suppose to get up to whopping 25C today. BUT ........... but its ugly hooooooomid at 100%. Man I really dislike hoooooomidity.

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
19C feels like 20C ... HOOOOOOMID in the high 80% range. It's sort of sunny ... which means its sunny but sometimes cloudy and it doesn't quite know what it wants to do yet. I will live with it!

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
19C feels like 20C ... kinda hooooomid and its overcast with the threat of thunder showers happening in the afternoon and evening.

Alrighty then! I guess I won't work on the ark after work today. Oh welllllll..............

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
It sucks when its so hooooomid that you feel like you are swimming in THICK air in the early morning hours. I showered at o dark 30 but I feel like I haven't ....its so muggy! 16C feels like 16C with hoooooomidity at 100% which will blow away when we go up to 28C today.

UGH .... well at least its sunny!

·
Administrator
6,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
20C feels like 22C ... its gonna be a hot one today! Which will be fun for the Canadian National Exhibition which is in full swing today. I ain't going, 1st day at the ex is a nightmare. I will wander down there next week sometime with a few friends to see if we can out-eat each other in gross or wonderful foods.

There is a new drink ... Macaroni and Cheese Lemonade and a dill pickle lemonade. Uh ... can someone point me in the direction of the corn on the cob truck please? I'll pass on the new lemonade for now.

221 - 240 of 343 Posts